Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » (JavaFX) Capturing objects inside a TabPane(Failure to capture and map objects located inside tabs)
(JavaFX) Capturing objects inside a TabPane [message #1748233] Mon, 21 November 2016 12:54 Go to next message
Vladimirs Cibinogins is currently offline Vladimirs CibinoginsFriend
Greetings!

I am trying out Jubula for automated tests of a JavaFX application, and I feel I hit a roadblock.

The whole application workspace is located inside tabs implemented via a TabPane object. Whenever I hover over an element in mapping mode, it highlights the entire tab pane, making it impossible to map the separate objects.

However, for some reason, some of the text fields inside of the objects are actually highlighted and mappable.

Is there any way to reference the objects inside the tab (maybe if I can get their names/properties)?
Re: (JavaFX) Capturing objects inside a TabPane [message #1748262 is a reply to message #1748233] Mon, 21 November 2016 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screen cast with the Main Pane and some highlighting visible, could not add link to first post because first ever post.
Re: (JavaFX) Capturing objects inside a TabPane [message #1748485 is a reply to message #1748233] Wed, 23 November 2016 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Vladimirs,

are some of the components you use inside your Java FX application custom components (either made by yourself or used from another library)?

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: (JavaFX) Capturing objects inside a TabPane [message #1748499 is a reply to message #1748485] Wed, 23 November 2016 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Barbe wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 14:43
Hi Vladimirs,

are some of the components you use inside your Java FX application custom components (either made by yourself or used from another library)?

Best regards,
Kevin

Greetings!

These objects are an arrangement of native JavaFX components, mostly StackPanes.
Re: (JavaFX) Capturing objects inside a TabPane [message #1749570 is a reply to message #1748499] Thu, 08 December 2016 09:14 Go to previous message
Marcel Hein is currently offline Marcel HeinFriend
Hello Vladimirs,

first of all I am sorry for the late response normally we are quicker to answer. In the JavaFX toolkit we consider StackPanes to be containers, this means that it is not possible to map the StackPane itself but the components within. If you are using the newest version of Jubula you could use our simple extension mechanism to either make the StackPanes or the components within mappable.

Could you also tell us how you are using the StackPanes as components, maybe we can look into it and add it to the supported actions for the JavaFX toolkit.
Previous Topic:Jubula failing to launch eclipse(ERROR: ** (installer:6483): WARNING **: Could not open X display)
Next Topic:How to ignore check failure on retry test logic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:38:19 GMT 2024