Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016)(Cannot save editor after copy of lines into new Test Case)
Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016) [message #1748226] Mon, 21 November 2016 11:44 Go to next message
ivonne kellner is currently offline ivonne kellnerFriend
Cannot save editor after copy of lines into new Test Case

Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016)

JubulaVersion: 8.3.1.125

i wanted to extract some part of a test case into a new and capy and pasted the lines into the new test case.
it was not possible to copy-paste all lines at once because there were some comments between them (selecting them results in copy is disabled).
so i copy-pasted two lines seperatly and added the comment in new case and saved the editor without errors.
finaly i copy-pasted the last 14 lines (without the comment) into the new case.
they appeared there and i tried to save editor again but this time two error windows opened:

Save Failed (1653)
General Database error (2016)

(see first two screenshots).

i tried again, but same thing.

i canceled the editor with the new case and opened again with status before copy-paste of 14 lines.
i edited other editors and saved them without problem.

then i copied only one line but again i got the errors at saving. i reverted the changes again.
i added a test step manualy by dragging from test case browser and could save without error.
again i tried to copy one line from first test case to new one, but got errors again, slightly other than the first (see third screen).
i reverted the changes again and refreshed the project, but i did not help.
i restarted jubula and the aut, but i did not help.

now i tried to recreate the line that i wanted to copy manually.
i dragged the test step from test case browser into editor and could save without error. i copy-pasted the reference name from old test case and saved successfuly.
now i tried to copy the component name, but failed again at saving with a different error window (see fourth screenshot).

see client log as attachment.

now i am out of ideas...

Re: Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016) [message #1748230 is a reply to message #1748226] Mon, 21 November 2016 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a workaround: i used "refactor/extract test case" to move the lines to the new test case.
Re: Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016) [message #1748236 is a reply to message #1748226] Mon, 21 November 2016 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elena Pister is currently offline Elena PisterFriend
Dear Ivonne,

first thanks for all attachments, it helps a lot. We will have a look what is behind this error message (table space problem) and we will come back to you next days.

The Refector - extract testcase is done exactly for a such situation. When you realize that you are planning on reusing one or more Test Cases (Workflow) for the same or a similar action again. We recomend to use the refactoring for this instead of copy and paste. As it will save yourself time in test creation and maintenance.

Regards

Elena
icon4.gif  Re: Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016) [message #1748242 is a reply to message #1748230] Mon, 21 November 2016 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately the db error now happens very often.
my feeling is that it occurs everytime i want to change something with component names.
that very annoying Sad
Re: Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016) [message #1748462 is a reply to message #1748226] Wed, 23 November 2016 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
It seems to be that some tables are going out of space.
You should ask your Database administrator to raise the tablespace of at least the table "COMP_NAME_PAIRS"

I think we cannot do anything else about this

with regards
Marvin Müller
Re: Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016) [message #1748463 is a reply to message #1748462] Wed, 23 November 2016 10:54 Go to previous message
thank you, i will talk to my db admin about that.
best wishes, ivonne
Previous Topic:Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException
Next Topic:Can not select Central Test Data for test case in Jubula8.3.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:40:54 GMT 2024