Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext(xtext plugin builds problem)
Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748023] Thu, 17 November 2016 20:55 Go to next message
kozhaev Vladimir is currently offline kozhaev VladimirFriend
I have group of the plug-ins builded with xtext technology. When I build site update via eclipse all of the syntax, or lexical, or other errors occurs emmidiately on the problems view as well as in the project structure tree

But, when I do the same with maven and ant I haven't any errors message on the problem view, the some with project tree view

Where can be problem?

Regards, Vladimir
Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748024 is a reply to message #1748023] Thu, 17 November 2016 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
The eclipse builder and resource markers have nothing todo with each other
=> you are looking for a feature that does not exist

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748027 is a reply to message #1748024] Thu, 17 November 2016 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you mean? I just copy my plug-ins of features in the appropriate folder with my ant tasks
Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748028 is a reply to message #1748027] Thu, 17 November 2016 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't get that

I read your post: you don't see error messages from maven or ant as resource markers
And I say: yes there is no feature that would do that

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748029 is a reply to message #1748028] Thu, 17 November 2016 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So please explain what you Re doing and what do you expect

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748033 is a reply to message #1748029] Thu, 17 November 2016 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well
You know that sometimes there are errors in the DSL-files: lexical, syntax, semantic etc.
Expected behaviour is when we have error in the file, eclipse it in the text editor as well as in the "problems" view and in the project tree.
When I use site update builds directly via eclipse everything is fine and I see errors everywere. But, when I use site update builded via ant and maven I see errors highlight only in the text editor. "Problems" view and project tree view do not show me errors of the DSL files.
So, I need to fix my build script but I do not know on what I need to see. May I ask you to give me some tips?
Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748034 is a reply to message #1748029] Thu, 17 November 2016 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well
You know that sometimes there are errors in the DSL-files: lexical, syntax, semantic etc.
Expected behaviour is when we have error in the file, eclipse it in the text editor as well as in the "problems" view and in the project tree.
When I use site update builds directly via eclipse everything is fine and I see errors everywere. But, when I use site update builded via ant and maven I see errors highlight only in the text editor. "Problems" view and project tree view do not show me errors of the DSL files.
So, I need to fix my build script but I do not know on what I need to see. May I ask you to give me some tips?
Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748035 is a reply to message #1748034] Thu, 17 November 2016 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This looks very wired. Do you have any warnings on any build.properties files? Can you share a reproducible example repro I can start the build from?

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748036 is a reply to message #1748035] Thu, 17 November 2016 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antother test would be to create a new Xtext project using the wizard and select maven as build system and select to create a update site and the. Compare both the builds and the resulting plugins behaviors

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748037 is a reply to message #1748035] Thu, 17 November 2016 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Do you have any warnings on any build.properties files?
Yes, I have for example for file

source.. = src/main/java/,\
		   src/main/resources/,
output.. = bin/
bin.includes = plugin.xml,\
               META-INF/,\
               .,\
               icons/,\
               target/dependency/jfxswt-8.0.jar

I have following warning

Quote:
The folder "bin/" does not exist in the workspace

Can you share a reproducible example repro I can start the build from?

Unfortunatly not, as I have a lot of the projects so it's difficult to create reproducible snippet.

Maybe you know where I can set up showing problems in the error logging? Some "settings" file where I can disable, or enable showing errors in the "problems" view?

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748038 is a reply to message #1748037] Thu, 17 November 2016 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No you would have to remote debug into that eclipse to see what happens
And you should get rid of the warnings (there should be a quick fix) likely point to target classes or whatever
If you open host Osgi console in the target eclipse and use the same command on your plugins what does it show as states?

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748039 is a reply to message #1748038] Thu, 17 November 2016 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich wrote on Thu, 17 November 2016 17:20
No you would have to remote debug into that eclipse to see what happens

But, how I can see what happends with my "problems" view as it works outside of my code?

And you should get rid of the warnings (there should be a quick fix) likely point to target classes or whatever

No, I haven't

If you open host Osgi console in the target eclipse and use the same command on your plugins what does it show as states?r

May I ask you to give me details of what I need to do, or maybe some link on the tutorial?

Re: Mark errors in the builded with the ant and maven plugins which use xtext [message #1748040 is a reply to message #1748039] Thu, 17 November 2016 22:40 Go to previous message
Well I assume that the plugins you package miss half of the stuff.
This will lead to the Xtext framework no being properly configured

Open the jars files using unzip and look what is missing. Are all files there?

In your target eclipse you can open console view
And select host Osgi console on the little arrow
Then type ss yourpluginid or simply ss
This should give you a list of plugin ids states and a number
If the state of the plugin is not active you can start it by start <number of plugin>
This may give you an exception

Or you example remote debugging and debug the Xtext builder and clusting builder state classes
There is everything e.g. Building and marker creation

But again I strongly recommend you to create a maven Xtext project using the wizard
And compare the contents of the jar files and the behavior in eclipse

Ps do you test runtime and from update site eclipse with the same settings /projects
(Build automatically on, project has Xtext nature, file extension case sensitive, ....)

Previous Topic:Folding package/ file
Next Topic:How to create my plug-in ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:58:04 GMT 2024