Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Access Arduino Platform Libraries(CDT doesn't seem to locate Arduino-supplied libraries)
Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1748021] Thu, 17 November 2016 19:52 Go to next message
Chuck Allen is currently offline Chuck AllenFriend
Granted I'm new(wish) to Eclipse, but after spending several hours researching and testing, I've been unable to figure out how to access the platform libraries that come with the Arduino IDE. The externally-supplied ones work just fine (through Help => Arduino Download Manager => Libraries). But libraries like SPI and EEPROM seem to elude me. According to the video tutorial there should be an entry for "Platform Libraries" - but there isn't. Anyone figure this out? Thanks

Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1748746 is a reply to message #1748021] Mon, 28 November 2016 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yoav shtainer is currently offline yoav shtainerFriend
if i understand your problem, they already downloaded. if you want to add them to your project, you need to right click on the project -> properties -> libraries -> platform libraries

I hope I helped.

yoav
Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1748796 is a reply to message #1748746] Mon, 28 November 2016 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck Allen is currently offline Chuck AllenFriend
Thanks, but the "Platform Libraries" item does not show up in the libraries list at all. I've set up on two separate machines (MAC) with the same results and a colleague loaded up the CDT plug-in on a PC with the same results. The Arduino IDE is properly installed and works fine with the Sloeber plug-in, but not the the CDT one. If I could figure out how to manually access the IDE libraries (not the systems one, but the one with SPI, EEPROM, etc.), all would (probably) be fine. Clearly there's something in the setup that's not always looking in the correct place for these libraries and it would be useful to know what list file contains the location data that is used to create the list of libraries - then I could just add it myself.
Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1750901 is a reply to message #1748796] Sat, 31 December 2016 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Mulh is currently offline Ken MulhFriend
I'm having the same problem on a fresh install with Ubuntu 16.04. None of the includes can be found and when I did the research non of the preferences items show up. "Platform Libraries" is nowhere to be found. Has anyone solved this?
Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1750917 is a reply to message #1750901] Sun, 01 January 2017 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Muehlstrasser is currently offline Stephan MuehlstrasserFriend
Did you ever build your project before you try to add the desired libraries? I remember that I had a similar problem, and the missing libraries appeared after a build of the project was performed once.
icon9.gif  Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1750964 is a reply to message #1750917] Tue, 03 January 2017 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Carew is currently offline Paul CarewFriend
It sounds like this might be the same issue that I've noticed with the esp8266 Arduino platform libraries
( Arduino ESP8266 WIFI Classes not found https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1083429/ )

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2017 07:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1751026 is a reply to message #1750964] Tue, 03 January 2017 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Mulh is currently offline Ken MulhFriend
It does sound like the same issue. Were you ever able to get around it? I have tried reinstalling all the libraries, compiling, etc and so far haven't come up with a solution.
Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1751052 is a reply to message #1751026] Tue, 03 January 2017 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, after reading Stephan Muehlstrasser comment, I went back and looked at the library preferences again (after performing a clean/rebuild of the project) and lo and behold, the platform libraries were now listed and were able to be selected.

This greatly improved things, but now I've discovered a platform library that looks like it is missing from the list.

Specifically, the 8266 library: ESP8266mDNS
The library exists in the file structure, but is not included in the library preference list.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2017 22:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access Arduino Platform Libraries [message #1751053 is a reply to message #1751052] Tue, 03 January 2017 23:06 Go to previous message
I have also now resolved the missing library!

By comparing a valid library to the missing library, I discovered that there is a 'library.properties' file that should exist in the library root folder.
This file should contain the following (I filled in the values from the github website info) :
name=ESP8266mDNS
version=1.1
author=Tony DiCola
maintainer=Tony DiCola
sentence=A port of CC3000 Multicast DNS library (version 1.1) DNS for ESP8266
paragraph=
category=Communication
url=https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/tree/master/libraries/ESP8266mDNS
architectures=esp8266

Once I created this file, and restarted+rebuilt the project, suddenly this library showed up in the project libraries preference and was selectable.

Clearly, the library preferences list is built dynamically by scanning the library folders in the hardware package.
Previous Topic:How to make Eclipse CDT Indexer find C++ standard includes from a different compiler
Next Topic:Arduino ESP8266 WIFI Classes not found-resolved with workaround
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:34:20 GMT 2024