Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Component name shows in unassigned component names, but a mapping exists(highlighting in AUT is also functioning)
Component name shows in unassigned component names, but a mapping exists [message #1747981] Thu, 17 November 2016 12:38 Go to next message
ivonne kellner is currently offline ivonne kellnerFriend
Component name shows in object mapping editor in window "Unassigned component names", but a mapping exists. it is also shown in "Used Component Names" in Component Name Browser.
Highlighting in AUT is functioning.
Show were used is resulting in correct use case and mapping.
execution of that use case is functioning.

so it seems to be a refresh problem? but Refresh is not helping. Even starting jubula new is not helping!
Deleting deletes also correct mapping.
stoping and restarting object mapping is not helping.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2016 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Component name shows in unassigned component names, but a mapping exists [message #1747991 is a reply to message #1747981] Thu, 17 November 2016 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it happened again and i got another unassigned component name, that had a mapping. this time the problem was bigger because jubula would also show an error that the object mapping is not completed for the use case that uses this particular component name.

but i found a workarround.
i deleted the component name in the unassigned window. the mapping was deleted, but the corresponding technical name showed up in unassinged technical names window. so i created the component name again and mapped it again with the technical name. after that the error was gone and also the component name was not longer in unassigned window.
Re: Component name shows in unassigned component names, but a mapping exists [message #1748064 is a reply to message #1747981] Fri, 18 November 2016 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Ivonne,

this is indeed a refresh problem which was already fixed. The fix will most likely be included in our next release.

But this refresh bug should be a different one from the second one you explained, where you also got an error message. Could you please be a bit more precise on how this error occured and if it is somehow reproducable for you?

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: Component name shows in unassigned component names, but a mapping exists [message #1748217 is a reply to message #1748064] Mon, 21 November 2016 09:58 Go to previous message
hello kevin,
i remember that i had two very similar objects in my out. for the first i had already a mapping. i wanted to map the second too. therefore i copied the name of the first and then created a new component name, pasted the name and added a 2 into it (to make it unique). then i dragged the new name onto the fresh technical name.
after that i copied a statement that used the first name and changed the used component name to the second.

i did this procedure three or four times, but only two times i got this strange behaviour.
but i will try to reproduce it again.
Previous Topic:Object mapping: technical name gets a second component name mapping?
Next Topic:Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:06:25 GMT 2024