Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException(javafx-test with drag and drop and shapes)
Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException [message #1747967] Thu, 17 November 2016 10:58 Go to next message
ivonne kellner is currently offline ivonne kellnerFriend
the error occures sometimes when i am executing my javafx test with drag and drop on shapes (Jubula Version: 8.3.1.125).

sometimes the test seems to be successful, because no error occurs, but the drag and drop in the AUT was not succesful. i am not sure why the error does not occur sometimes.

when i click in "Test Result" on the child were the Action Error occures then the following is shown in "Properties" tab in Error Details/Error Description:

-------------------------------
Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jubula.rc.javafx.util.NodeBounds.getAbsoluteBounds(NodeBounds.java:81)
at org.eclipse.jubula.rc.javafx.driver.RobotJavaFXImpl$2.call(RobotJavaFXImpl.java:651)
at org.eclipse.jubula.rc.javafx.driver.RobotJavaFXImpl$2.call(RobotJavaFXImpl.java:1)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
"
-------------------------------

i executed the test again and this time i get an "Component Not Found Error" for the component of the same test step.
when i search for that component name in Component Name Browser or Object Mapping Editor it is there and "Highlight in AUT" is functioning also.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2016 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException [message #1748198 is a reply to message #1747967] Mon, 21 November 2016 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Ivonne,

I'm going to forward this onto the team.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException [message #1748206 is a reply to message #1748198] Mon, 21 November 2016 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Hein is currently offline Marcel HeinFriend
Generally this error occurs if a node is not part of the scene graph or fully "integrated" into it, therefore the layout calculation which uses the JavaFX API fails/ is null. It seems that the heuristic match value is pretty low, therefore it might be the case that during the test the wrong component is found for the action and this component is no longer part of the scene graph but still in our hierarchy that we use for the heuristic lookup. It might also be the case that the component is not fully "integrated", therefore a wait before the action could help.
Re: Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException [message #1748219 is a reply to message #1748206] Mon, 21 November 2016 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivonne kellner is currently offline ivonne kellnerFriend
as you can see on the second screenshot the heuristic match is 79%. is that pretty low?

a problem could be that for that component i have a second component that is very similar. it has the same context (parent and sisters), only name and position are different.
Re: Execution Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException [message #1748225 is a reply to message #1748219] Mon, 21 November 2016 11:42 Go to previous message
Marcel Hein is currently offline Marcel HeinFriend
Yes and Yes. However, we mainly use the name for the heuristic lookup and if the name for the component is unique we should reliably find that component. Could you check if that is the case? Or if the name of the component was generated by jubula, i.e. "ComponentType"_1,2.... In that case please check if providing a unique name for that component fixes the problem.

Have you already tried using a static wait, i.e. application_wait, before the drag and drop?
Previous Topic:Component name shows in unassigned component names, but a mapping exists
Next Topic:Save Failed (1653) - General Database error (2016)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:18:58 GMT 2024