Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse installer questions (Eclipse installer )
Eclipse installer questions [message #1747624] Wed, 16 November 2016 15:00
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Been trying to use "Eclipse installer (32 bits) " and having some issues.
First - the Eclipse homepage advertises Neon as 64 bits only and "eclipse installer " gives no indication if Neon 64 bits is actually being installed.
( I am using Ubuntu 32 OS bits for now )

Of course there is no other option but to install Neon.

The installer takes off and periodically posts a message saying it is "taking too long to process the install".
The message can be closed , but one has no clue if it actually affects the install process.
This gives bad impression to the newcomer that the GUI installer is somewhat cobbled together without much verification.
I am no expert on command usage on Linux, but finding out that simple retrieval from repository using command like works much faster and gives some clue what is actually happening.

I have managed ONE working installation ( "hello world") and noticed some undocumented Internet access during compilation. I am not in favor to use (public) Internet for (private) software development and would appreciate some statement to that fact during selection of "Eclipse installer ".

Previous Topic:ImageMagick++ in Eclipse CDT
Next Topic:How to support Oracle Pro C/C++ syntax within CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:29:57 GMT 2024