Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Shape Decoration on Stereotypes
Shape Decoration on Stereotypes [message #1747547] Tue, 15 November 2016 20:21 Go to next message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
Hello all!

I have a few questions regarding shape decorations for UML Stereotypes in Papyrus. I am using svg files for the shapes specifying the location of the svg-file plus a custom css file for other shape options applied to the diagram:

(1). Can I change the size of the shape in the diagram? (I am adding a shape decoration to a stereotype extending <<Metaclass>> Lifeline).

(2). Can I hide the <<Metaclass>> Lifeline) default shape decoration? (the box), so that I will only see my shape decoration + the stereotype name and the object name?

(3). Is it possible to add shape decorations to <<Metaclass>> Message) ? I tried adding one using the same approach as for <<Metaclass>> Lifeline) (which worked), however my shape is not displaying. Also, there is no shape decoration options available in the appearance tab for messages.
I would like to add a shape on a message that will be placed on the sender end of the message.

(4). Is there any support for shapeDirection? I tried shapeDirection:Top; / shapeDirection:top; which doesn't work, neither for the other options of shapeDirection.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2016 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shape Decoration on Stereotypes [message #1747929 is a reply to message #1747547] Wed, 16 November 2016 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is also a problem (DisplayTag property not working for all compartments):
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=495483

Regards, Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2016 11:13]

Re: Shape Decoration on Stereotypes [message #1747972 is a reply to message #1747929] Thu, 17 November 2016 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello all.

(3). Shape decoration is not possible for messages (edges) in Papyrus. see thread: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1071526/.

Regards, Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2016 12:11]

Re: Shape Decoration on Stereotypes [message #1747977 is a reply to message #1747972] Thu, 17 November 2016 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello all.

(1). The size of the shape decoration will be the same size as the compartment it's contained within. There is no way of changing the default size of the compartment (using CSS rules anyway). You can edit the width of the <<Metaclass>> Lifeline in the diagram editor but not the height, so setting maintainSymbolRatio:false won't have any effect.
See https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1081413/

Regards, Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2016 12:11]

Re: Shape Decoration on Stereotypes [message #1750086 is a reply to message #1747547] Thu, 15 December 2016 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello all,

(4). You can set the shapeDirection with Integer values:

• shapeDirection:0 = Top Left.
  • shapeDirection:1 = Top.
  • shapeDirection:2 = Top Right.
  • shapeDirection:3 = Left.
  • shapeDirection:4 = Center.
  • shapeDirection:5 = Right.
  • shapeDirection:6 = Bottom Left.
  • shapeDirection:7 = Bottom.
  • shapeDirection:8 = Bottom Right.

Regards, Vetle VF.
Re: Shape Decoration on Stereotypes [message #1750141 is a reply to message #1750086] Fri, 16 December 2016 10:59 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
We work on the shape decoration for lifeline in the sequence diagram.
This diagram was old and the next version oxygen we make it compliant with the core of papyrus. So it will possible to display property of sterotype, SVG on lifeline, and fully customizable by CSS.
The decoration for message is not specific to papyrus. We need to work on the customization on all kinks in papyrus to change the appearance of decorations for example.
Previous Topic:Beginner question - sequence diagram drag&drop
Next Topic:Can't Add Trace to SysML Requirement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:55:08 GMT 2024