Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Installing ESH on MAC Sierra (10.12.1)
Installing ESH on MAC Sierra (10.12.1) [message #1747539] Tue, 15 November 2016 18:46 Go to next message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
Hi,

I am trying to install ESH on my MAC without success (following these instructions: http://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/ide.html). Before I post the errors, does anyone succeeded installing it on Sierra MAC version?

Thx
Re: Installing ESH on MAC Sierra (10.12.1) [message #1747548 is a reply to message #1747539] Tue, 15 November 2016 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Cunningham is currently offline Dan CunninghamFriend
I have it running on Sierra without issues, I don't remember doing anything different.
Re: Installing ESH on MAC Sierra (10.12.1) [message #1747552 is a reply to message #1747548] Tue, 15 November 2016 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dan

Thx for the reply.

I suspect that the issue relates to some of the tooling but I don't know how to solve it (See attached file).

I've also tried to run : mvn clean install -DskipTests=true -e

But this is also failed (Sad):

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 09:37 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-11-15T20:58:28+02:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 601M/2046M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.0:npm (npm install) on project org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. (error code 1) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.0:npm (npm install) on project org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper: Failed to run task
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:863)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:288)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:199)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Failed to run task
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.mojo.AbstractFrontendMojo.execute(AbstractFrontendMojo.java:95)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)
... 20 more
Caused by: com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.lib.TaskRunnerException: 'npm install' failed. (error code 1)
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.lib.NodeTaskExecutor.execute(NodeTaskExecutor.java:60)
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.mojo.NpmMojo.execute(NpmMojo.java:62)
at com.github.eirslett.maven.plugins.frontend.mojo.AbstractFrontendMojo.execute(AbstractFrontendMojo.java:89)
... 22 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper

Re: Installing ESH on MAC Sierra (10.12.1) [message #1747553 is a reply to message #1747548] Tue, 15 November 2016 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And here you can see more errors I get

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2016 22:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installing ESH on MAC Sierra (10.12.1) [message #1747632 is a reply to message #1747553] Wed, 16 November 2016 15:59 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
You mention above that you want to setup the IDE (https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/ide.html), but your logs are from a Maven build on the command line.

Did you hence succeed in the IDE setup already?
Previous Topic:newbie needs help starting binding
Next Topic:Contribute CM11A binding for X10 devices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:58:23 GMT 2024