Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [toolsmith] Using the set values advice configuration
[toolsmith] Using the set values advice configuration [message #1747435] Mon, 14 November 2016 16:28 Go to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Hi,

For a DSL editor, I'm trying to create a palette entry which has a specific version of an association, in casu an association that sets the aggregation of it memberEnd[1] to shared, preferably _without_ writing code [*].

AFAICT, there is no(t a lot?) documentation on how to do this. I thought that the Set Values Advice Configuration might be the appropriate way to go forward.

I had a try myself, but I didn't succeed. In the screenshot below two helper advice configurations are defined

index.php/fa/27576/0/

The first one, setting the visibility of the association, works fine.
The second one, trying to set the aggregation of one of the memberEnds, doesn't work. Nor do I get any exception.

Any one knows what goes wrong? Is it the fact that the "feature to set" is not a simple, direct feature of the association metaClass?

[*] The SysML 1.4 editors have an example on how to do this using code.

Re: [toolsmith] Using the set values advice configuration [message #1747481 is a reply to message #1747435] Tue, 15 November 2016 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Klaas,

I just pushed a patch on gerrit that shows an example for PrivatePackageImport (Bug 483804).

I will give a try to change org.eclipse.papyrus.SysML14.SharedAssociation in a model based approach.

Benoit,

Re: [toolsmith] Using the set values advice configuration [message #1747497 is a reply to message #1747481] Tue, 15 November 2016 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Benoit Maggi wrote on Tue, 15 November 2016 05:43
Hi Klaas,

I just pushed a patch on gerrit that shows an example for PrivatePackageImport (Bug 483804).

Jip, I've got that one already working (the upper part of the screenshot achieves something similar)

Quote:

I will give a try to change org.eclipse.papyrus.SysML14.SharedAssociation in a model based approach.

Thx!
Re: [toolsmith] Using the set values advice configuration [message #1747614 is a reply to message #1747497] Wed, 16 November 2016 13:35 Go to previous message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
I created Bug 507601 to track this task.

For the moment I already setup a unit test to avoid regression and my first attempt is now failing due to the unit test
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/85132/

Previous Topic:Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration
Next Topic:CSS customization of edges?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:50:22 GMT 2024