Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » How to convert Modisco Java model to Ecore Genmodel(Looking for a way to generate a quick test UI from existing Java model code.)
How to convert Modisco Java model to Ecore Genmodel [message #1747364] Mon, 14 November 2016 00:55 Go to next message
Andrew Glynn is currently offline Andrew GlynnFriend
I have used MoDisco to discover the Java model contained in the Java code (written by someone else, and unfortunately written without interfaces).

Since MoDisco produces an Ecore Java meta-model, is it possible to convert it to an Ecore genmodel that can be used via ECP to generate a q&d interface to test the model, and then customized to produce a more usable UI?

While I can open it in the reflective Ecore editor, attempting to create a genmodel from it loads without error, but the "next" and "finish" buttons remain grayed out.

thanks
Andrew G.
Re: How to convert Modisco Java model to Ecore Genmodel [message #1747402 is a reply to message #1747364] Mon, 14 November 2016 10:29 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello Andrew,

The MoDisco Java model discoverer is producing a Java model, i.e. a model that conforms to the MoDisco Java metamodel (which is itself specified as an Ecore "model").
Thus it is normal that you cannot directly get an Ecore genmodel from it (as it is not a metamodel defined in Ecore, but a model that conforms to a Java metamodel defined in Ecore).
I guess what you want to do is to obtain an Ecore (meta)model from the Java model generated thanks to MoDisco.
This is very similar to these discussions https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1072270/

Kind regards,
Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic:[QVTO] Adding a new StorableUnit to a KDM model with its type
Next Topic:JEE WebApp Metamodel No documentation !!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:12:05 GMT 2024