Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Creating Part stack within part stack(A simple SQL editor)
Creating Part stack within part stack [message #1747329] Sat, 12 November 2016 10:56 Go to next message
kalyan siva is currently offline kalyan sivaFriend
Hi All,

This is my first time with eclipse e4 and so with this community.
So pardon me if I ask some silly questions.

So here I go.
I use
Windows 7-eclipse kepler sp2-rcp

I am trying to build an RCP application so that I can type in some queries in the editor and on clicking execute, I get the queries executed through JDBC.

So far, I was happy to have only one text part and one result set part. Now I am getting greedy.

I wanted to create multiple text parts and multiple result parts.

I guess it makes more sense to have the text part (queries are in this part) and their corresponding results to be available as a set. Like I enter in the text part, 3 queries and I want to see 3 results along with my part. (If i close the text part, its corresponding result parts must also be removed)

You can imagine the screen to have tabs of text area (part stack) and each having tabs of result set(another stack)

In e4xmi, I found that I was not able to add a partstack within part stack.

I searched in the forum for a while but could not hit upon anything concrete.

Can some one help?

What would be the best way to get this done.
Re: Creating Part stack within part stack [message #1752548 is a reply to message #1747329] Wed, 25 January 2017 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
You could put a PartSashContainer inside another PartSashContainer, and then add multiple PartStack containing Part(s) inside each sash.
See the image below.

http://imgur.com/fSFb3kH.png

Regards,

Ing. Patrik Suzzi
Consultant Software Engineer,
Eclipse Platform Committer
https://about.me/psuzzi
Re: Creating Part stack within part stack [message #1758985 is a reply to message #1747329] Wed, 05 April 2017 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Norwood is currently offline Jay NorwoodFriend
What you need in order to nest Part Stacks is the MComposite.

In the editor you would add a Composite Part under the upper level Part Stack.

Then within the Composite Part you can add your nested Part Stack.

Re: Creating Part stack within part stack [message #1776007 is a reply to message #1758985] Thu, 09 November 2017 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalyan s is currently offline kalyan sFriend
Hi all. Thanks for the reply. I had lost my user name and password for some time.. So could not reply early... Now back with new user name.
I will try it as per your suggestion let you know the results.

Thanks
kalyan.
Re: Creating Part stack within part stack [message #1776008 is a reply to message #1758985] Thu, 09 November 2017 07:41 Go to previous message
kalyan s is currently offline kalyan sFriend
Hi all. Thanks for the reply. I had lost my user name and password for some time.. So could not reply early... Now back with new user name.
I will try it as per your suggestion let you know the results.

Thanks
kalyan.
Previous Topic:Exported application in Oxygen 1a missing all parts
Next Topic:How to programmatically add a new Part to a PartStack in a second window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:49:02 GMT 2024