Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Save as XMI removes context menu commands
[EMF Forms] Save as XMI removes context menu commands [message #1747251] Fri, 11 November 2016 09:32 Go to next message
Peter Friedland is currently offline Peter FriedlandFriend
Dear Community,

I have got an EMF Forms RAP application and I have added master-detail actions using the "org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.treemasterdetail.ui.swt.masterDetailActions" extension point.
When I execute my save command all my context menu entries in the master details are not showing up any more, just the small loading item entry "...".

The save command can be called from the root object only and does the following:

final Resource resource = new XMIResourceImpl(URI.createURI("data.xmi")); //$NON-NLS-1$
resource.getContents().add(element);

try {
	resource.save(Collections.EMPTY_MAP);
} catch (final IOException e) {
	e.printStackTrace();
}

I tracked it down to the resource.getContents.add(element). If I comment this line out, the context menu stays after command execution properly. If I execute the command without modifications I need to refresh the browser to get the context menu back.

Do I need to "release" my root object from the resource or something else?

Best Regards

Peter Friedland
Re: [EMF Forms] Save as XMI removes context menu commands [message #1747394 is a reply to message #1747251] Mon, 14 November 2016 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi,

could you prepare a minimal example to reproduce this, preferably based on the make it happen example and report that as a BR?
Thanks and best regards
Jonas

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] Save as XMI removes context menu commands [message #1747417 is a reply to message #1747394] Mon, 14 November 2016 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Friedland is currently offline Peter FriedlandFriend
I was able to reproduce the error with a minimal MakeItHappen example, so I created a recommended bug report:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=507466
Re: [EMF Forms] Save as XMI removes context menu commands [message #1747484 is a reply to message #1747417] Tue, 15 November 2016 10:56 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
thanks!

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[texo] JSONEMFConverter from texo web service response
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Remove Create and Link Button on Table Control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:50:47 GMT 2024