Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor
Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor [message #1746710] Thu, 03 November 2016 15:32 Go to next message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to remove some of the buttons in the top toolbar of the Compare Editor, such as the "Accept All Non-Conflicting Changes" button.

I can see that these buttons are created in the CompareToolBar class, so I thought about extending this class to make my own customized toolbar. However, I can see that the CompareToolBar class is instantiated and used as a private field in class EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer. So even if I extend EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer, I cannot replace the value of the toolBar field with an instance of my custom toolbar.

Is there some workaround for this, or some other way to modify this toolbar?

Cheers,
Vlad
Re: Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor [message #1746747 is a reply to message #1746710] Fri, 04 November 2016 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gaurav Tripathi is currently offline Gaurav TripathiFriend
Hi Vlad,
The only solution for this which I found was to create your own CustomEMFToolBar Class first. And then pass object of this CustomEMFToolBar class in CustomEMFCompareStructureMergeViewer class which again you need to create first of your own.

Thanks,
Gaurav
Re: Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor [message #1746916 is a reply to message #1746747] Mon, 07 November 2016 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Vlad,

As mentionned by Gaurav there is no way to customize the toolbar directly in the current version. You can disable some of its actions by modifying the compare configuration (editable state of left and right) but that's all.

Feel free to raise an enhancement request for such a feature, but this is not planned for now. We'll gladly look at patches if you find a way to change the code to allow that kind of feature cleanly though.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor [message #1747093 is a reply to message #1746916] Wed, 09 November 2016 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi Laurent and Gaurav,

Thank you for clarifying this. I will seriously consider making this enhancement, and if I put together something that's clean enough to work as a patch I will get in touch with you.

Cheers,
Vlad
Re: Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor [message #1748051 is a reply to message #1747093] Fri, 18 November 2016 08:26 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Vlad,

Gaurav has submitted a patch on tath subject as well (on bugzilla), could you check if that also meets your needs?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:SaveComparisonModelAction enablement
Next Topic:[EMF Compare] maven dependency to emf.compare?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:26:52 GMT 2024