Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » PyDev: Local Path not Discoverable When Setting the Interpreter Path(PATH, PyDev, Environmental Variable)
PyDev: Local Path not Discoverable When Setting the Interpreter Path [message #1746680] Wed, 02 November 2016 21:26 Go to next message
Greg Deemer is currently offline Greg DeemerFriend
Hello,

I have recently downloaded and installed a number of packages needed to use Python in the Earth Sciences. More specifically, the Enthought Python Distribution (Can't provide link since this is my first message on the board). I'll be using it with Eclipse Neon on Mac OS X (10.11.6).

I followed along with the recommended installation path (/Users/[MyName]/Library) but when trying to point the python interpreter to this location, Eclipse does not allow me to navigate to the aforementioned directory. I've set the PyDev interpreter path a number of times before and I don't remember coming across this issue. Is there a way to force Eclipse to look in this location for the EPD modules, or will I need to reinstall the (rather large) package within a directory structure that Eclipse allows me to navigate to?

Please let me know if I haven't been clear enough in stating the problem.

Cheers,
Greg
Re: PyDev: Local Path not Discoverable When Setting the Interpreter Path [message #1746728 is a reply to message #1746680] Thu, 03 November 2016 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The user's Library folder seems to not be one meant for casual tampering with. You should be able to force it to be shown. http://www.macworld.com/article/2057221/how-to-view-the-library-folder-in-mavericks.html

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: PyDev: Local Path not Discoverable When Setting the Interpreter Path [message #1746737 is a reply to message #1746728] Thu, 03 November 2016 20:40 Go to previous message
Greg Deemer is currently offline Greg DeemerFriend
Absolutely fantastic. Thank you. -Always happy to have a simple fix every now and again.
Previous Topic:Upgrade
Next Topic:I can't start Eclipse 4.6.1 Neon.1 - g_base64_encode_step
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:56:16 GMT 2024