Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » How to set tagged values after applying a profile
How to set tagged values after applying a profile [message #1746477] Sun, 30 October 2016 14:35 Go to next message
Ferdinando Sodano is currently offline Ferdinando SodanoFriend
Hello everyone,
I have a sysml input model, in which there are a block element that satisfies two requisites, one of them is dependend by the other (see the attachment).
I want to build a transformation in a output model in which the input models are the input model and the profile model.
The rules are very trivial:
Foreach block, i have to obtain an element MyBlock, with all the requirements that satisfies as own Nested Classifiers.
Requirements are mapped in stereotyped class MyRequirement, having two tagged values: clients and suppliers.
Clients are depending MyRequirement-s from a single Requirement, suppliers are the inverse.
I'm able to generate the instances of MyBlock and MyRequirement, but i'm not able to set the tagged values clients and suppliers.

I tried something of this type:

mapping Class::toMyRequirements(inout parent:Class) : Class when {self.isStereotypeApplied(stereotype_requirement)}
{
	name:= self.name;
	parent.nestedClassifier += result;

end 
	{
	result.applyStereotype(stereotype_my_requirement);

result.setValue(stereotype_my_requirement, "suppliers", inmodel[Dependency]->select(client->includes(self)).supplier->late resolveIn(Class::toMyRequirements) };
}

but it doesn't work.

Does exist a method to set tagged values in an appropiate mode? In intenet and in the community I didn't find no topic talking about this arguments.

Thanks to all for the help.
  • Attachment: Immagine.png
    (Size: 48.79KB, Downloaded 266 times)
Re: How to set tagged values after applying a profile [message #1746514 is a reply to message #1746477] Mon, 31 October 2016 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The OMG-specified stereotype support in QVTo defines a half-baked * / stereotypedBy capability, requiring quoted text strings. This is nearly as bad as the bypass usage of the Eclipse UML2 Java API.

[ When examining what to do for QVTc/QVTr, for which OMG specifies nothing, it was clear that the standard base_XXX / extension_XXX pseudo-properties should work declaratively as is for both 'read' and 'write'. This insight should eventually be promoted to QVTo too once QVTo uses the Pivot-based OCL that navigates base_XXX / extension_XXX more effectively. ]

Today, I recommend using the Java API and since it can be quite hard to get right, practice it in a bit of Java code that you can single step more easily. Once you are confident that you are using the API correctly, please raise a Bugzilla for any malfunction of that API within Eclipse QVTo.

------

"late resolve" is an interesting but underspecified capability. Eclipse QVTo's implementation is limited to direct expressions. Your usage seems to have much more complexity. [ There is an outstanding OMG QVTo issue to respecify "late" as an M2M from QVTO-with-late to QVTo-without-late. Implementations can then re-use the specification. ] I recommend using your own Dict and to avoid late resolve so that you do not depend on opaque tooling limitations.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How to set tagged values after applying a profile [message #1746526 is a reply to message #1746514] Mon, 31 October 2016 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferdinando Sodano is currently offline Ferdinando SodanoFriend
Thank you for the answer, but I dind't understand if it's possible the problem without using java api. Is it possible with the use of dicts? How? Can you give me an example?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2016 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to set tagged values after applying a profile [message #1746579 is a reply to message #1746526] Tue, 01 November 2016 10:21 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You are confusing two issues.

The most predictable access to stereotype functionality in QVTo is to use the java API.

The most predictable solution to a complex late resolve is to maintain your own Dict of resolutions.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:setValue() a Stereotype with another Stereotype
Next Topic:Refine profiled model in QVT-OML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:29:34 GMT 2024