Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » ToolModelingChain(How to use)
ToolModelingChain [message #1746401] Fri, 28 October 2016 08:10 Go to next message
Garros JPG is currently offline Garros JPGFriend
Hello,

I have a another question. I use the toolmodeling chain to create java class for consume a resource of kind am. The modeling is ok and seems to me quite good.
But It is says that when you generate the class the only one you need to implement is the AdaptorInterface...Manager.java. It also give some jsp page to list the service provider catlog etc..
My main issue is that I didn't succeed in using these jsp or class.
If someone has a little example or explanation, it will be helpfull.
Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1746405 is a reply to message #1746401] Fri, 28 October 2016 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have my response. I didn't pay attention but in the web.xml file the servlet-mapping has url-pattern set to /services/*. So if I want to access to my provider catalog I have to type http://localhost:8080/services/catalog and it's work fine.
Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1746415 is a reply to message #1746405] Fri, 28 October 2016 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have another question. for example you want to consume a resource from an architecture domain. In toolchain modeling you must specify the ArchitectureResource totally. You can't use predefined type in lyo like the ArchitectureResource class. Is it right ? If no I am interesting in how said that a Resource in specification can extends a exisiting lyo type. If yes it is possible to fix this problem or not ?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2016 12:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1749055 is a reply to message #1746401] Thu, 01 December 2016 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jad El-khoury is currently offline Jad El-khouryFriend
Hi,
(A bit late to answer here maybe, but I just discovered this thread)

Currently, you have to specify the ArchitectureResource in the model, which is admittedly a waste of time, since it is a standard resource definition. One solution is to have a library of models for the standard OSLC domain specifications, that one can simply load and reused.
Would that help?

As for extending a resource, each resource definition includes a "extends" property which you can use to specify the other resource you are generalizing. Did you try using that?

/Jad
Btw, I have updated the instructions on https://wiki.eclipse.org/Lyo/ToolchainModellingAndCodeGenerationWorkshop#Run_the_adaptor to clarify the starting page of the server, and how to get started and use the jsp pages.
Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1749060 is a reply to message #1746401] Thu, 01 December 2016 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If interested in the results, you can follow the progress of this bug which will introduce the feature of reusing existing domain specifications.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=508531
Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1759092 is a reply to message #1749060] Thu, 06 April 2017 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your answer.

I didn't try for now but it seems it's the good way to do. Include all OSLC basic like DCTERMS, FOAF and cie.
Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1759937 is a reply to message #1746401] Thu, 20 April 2017 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The OSLC vocabularies and DCTerms are already available.
And the models are publically available now.

Instructions:
-----------------
Clone the https://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.tools.git git repository, and import a project called "org.eclipse.lyo.tools.domainmodels". This project already models many of the OSLC domains, which you can simply import and use in your own toolchain model. How?

1. Import the project into your workspace
2. In your modelling project, right click on the "Project Dependecies" in the Project Explorer tree, and select "Add Model"
3. Select "Browse Workspace"
4. Select the OSLCDomainSpecs.xml file under the org.eclipse.lyo.tools.domainmodels" project. A set of domains are now available in your project to use.
5. In your own SpecificationDiagram, you can now drag and drop any domain under the xml tree to visually present it.
6. In your Adaptor Models, you can also drag-drop resources to allocate them to different adaptors.

Note also that you can explore the OSLC models graphically by expanding the xml file within the org.eclipse.lyo.tools.domainmodels project just like a toolchain model but it only contains specs.
Re: ToolModelingChain [message #1759938 is a reply to message #1746401] Thu, 20 April 2017 08:04 Go to previous message
The OSLC vocabluaries are already there, as well as FOAF, DCTerms, etc.
And the models are public now.

Instructions:
-------------
Clone the https://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.tools.git git repository, and import a project called "org.eclipse.lyo.tools.domainmodels". This project already models many of the OSLC domains, which you can simply import and use in your own toolchain model. How?

1. Import the project into your workspace
2. In your modelling project, right click on the "Project Dependecies" in the Project Explorer tree, and select "Add Model"
3. Select "Browse Workspace"
4. Select the OSLCDomainSpecs.xml file under the org.eclipse.lyo.tools.domainmodels" project. A set of domains are now available in your project to use.
5. In your own SpecificationDiagram, you can now drag and drop any domain under the xml tree to visually present it.
6. In your Adaptor Models, you can also drag-drop resources to allocate them to different adaptors.

Note also that you can explore the OSLC models graphically by expanding the xml file within the org.eclipse.lyo.tools.domainmodels project just like a toolchain model but it only contains specs.
Previous Topic:Implementation of AbstractResource lack some information
Next Topic:RQM TestPlan containing link to RTC Developmentplan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:16:22 GMT 2024