Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » "configuration" - product and project
"configuration" - product and project [message #1746341] Thu, 27 October 2016 09:05 Go to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
I've attended Eike's and Dr. Ed's presentation at Eclipsecon.
Back home I'm looking for documentation on the feature to "combine" a product and a project setup into a "configuration" as presented.
So far by googeling I didn't found anything.
Is this a feature of an upcoming release or is this already usable in the current release?

-rene
Re: "configuration" - product and project [message #1746364 is a reply to message #1746341] Thu, 27 October 2016 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's part of the latest milestone so generally if you do Help -> Perform Setup Tasks and let the p2 task run, you should end up with the latest milestone build installed. You'll know you have the right one because the File -> New -> Other will have more wizards, and in particular one for Setup Configuration Model. This will create a Configuration with a nested Installation (that references the empty product version, i.e., doesn't specify a product version choice yet) and a nested Workspace *that doesn't references any streams yet). You can modify the Installation to reference some specific product version and you can modify the Workspace to references one or more Streams. You can also add any other arbitrary task to either the Installation or the Workspace, e.g., you might set the values for variables that would normally be prompted to some specific value you want to use for that particular Configuration.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: "configuration" - product and project [message #1746607 is a reply to message #1746364] Tue, 01 November 2016 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
Thanks got it.
Is there already some documentation available? Do I have to drag&dtop the configuration setup or is there another way available to start the installation with a configuration setup (i.e. selection or command line parameter)?
Re: "configuration" - product and project [message #1746623 is a reply to message #1746607] Wed, 02 November 2016 05:02 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, I still have to write documentation. You can also copy the configuration or a link to it to the system clipboard. For the simple mode, the menu will containing a Apply Configuration item if the clipboard contains appropriate contents for it. In advanced mode, an additional toolbar button will be present on the product and project pages. There's nothing additional supported in the way of command line.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse OOMPH System Wide Installation
Next Topic:Problem with Oomph and cached files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:08:02 GMT 2024