Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Question about Papyrus UML Diagrams(Question about Papyrus support for UML Diagrams used in Rational Software Architect)
icon5.gif  Question about Papyrus UML Diagrams [message #1746314] Wed, 26 October 2016 17:35 Go to next message
John Reilly is currently offline John ReillyFriend
Howdy, all. I am working on importing the TM Forum Information Framework (SID) Rational Software Architect (RSA) UML model into Papyrus.

The SID uses Freeform and Object diagrams, which don't seem to be supported in Papyrus, at least I can't see them as a diagram option when I try to add them in Papyrus. Am I missing something? For example, is there a Papyrus feature for these diagrams that I need to enable?

Also, something that my be a Papyrus bug - the RSA Object diagrams do import into Papyrus. However, they get converted to Class diagrams. When I try to open them in Papyrus an error message is displayed, and they do not open. Should I report this as a bug?

Thanks.
Re: Question about Papyrus UML Diagrams [message #1746317 is a reply to message #1746314] Wed, 26 October 2016 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi John,

I don't think Object diagrams are supported yet in Papyrus.

When I looked into it some time ago, I ended up using a class diagram on which I placed InstanceSpecifications for objects and "InstanceSpecification Link" edges between them.

Hope this helps!

/Charles Rivet
Re: Question about Papyrus UML Diagrams [message #1746318 is a reply to message #1746317] Wed, 26 October 2016 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

To give credit where credit is due, this is what I had found in the past: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/360164/

/Charles Rivet
Re: Question about Papyrus UML Diagrams [message #1746328 is a reply to message #1746318] Thu, 27 October 2016 06:36 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

IMHO there is no need for Object Diagrams or Profile Diagrams or Inheritance Diagrams or Composition Diagrams. They are all Class Diagrams in which the author imposes a drafting discipline to focus on a particular concern. Tools may help impose what the tool vendor interprets as an appropriate form of that discipline.

You will find that "Object Diagram" is almost unmentioned by UML 2.5.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Papyrus has Oomph!
Next Topic:Could not find entry-error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:44:39 GMT 2024