Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration
Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration [message #1746169] Mon, 24 October 2016 12:15 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi,

I've several viewpoint configurations deployed but I can only select one (the UML-RT Viewpoint) using the 'Deployed through the extension point' configuration setting in the Viewpoint configuration preference page.

If I'm not running this in Papyrus-RT with the UML-RT viewpoint I can select my own viewpoint fine.

How is this expected to work when you have several viewpoints?
Re: Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration [message #1747103 is a reply to message #1746169] Wed, 09 November 2016 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastien Revol is currently offline Sebastien RevolFriend
Hi Patrick,
viewpoint selection mechanism is currently enhanced in an on-going task, described here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Oxygen_Work_Description/NewFeature/PapyrusAFViewpointSwitch

With Neon and previous versions, the choice "Deployed through extension point" unfortunately only loads the viewpoint configuration file registered with the highest priority.
However it is still possible to access to other configuration file with the third choice: "Manual configuration selection", and select the access scheme : "Embedded in a plugin". This way you can browse all the plugins and manually retrieve the configuration file.

Re: Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration [message #1747191 is a reply to message #1747103] Thu, 10 November 2016 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Sebastien,

I'll look more int what is coming on Oxygen ,but the problem is that until Papyrus-RT is on Oxygen I guess I can't benefit from those changes anyway.

I've use the approach of setting the viewpoint configuration manually. Apart from it being cumbersome to set it that way, AFAIK the setting are shared between workspaces/workbenches. This causes a problem if I want to have different (manually set) viewpoints in different workbenches.
Re: Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration [message #1747579 is a reply to message #1747191] Wed, 16 November 2016 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastien Revol is currently offline Sebastien RevolFriend
Hello Patrick,
the place where preferences are stored is a developper choice, it can change from a plugin to another [1].
I checked in the code : viewpoint preferences are store in "Instance" scope, at workspace level. It means you should be able to have different viewpoints for different workspaces.
However, you have to take care of Oomph Preference recorder[2] which works on top of that and can propagate your preferences across several workspaces.

http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fruntime_preferences.htm

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2014/november/article2.php
Re: Selecting deployed viewpoint configuration [message #1747612 is a reply to message #1747579] Wed, 16 November 2016 13:11 Go to previous message
Thanks Sebastien,

I'll dig deeper and see if I can come up with a reproducible scenario though.
Previous Topic:Restricting the allowed ends when creating a relationship element type?
Next Topic:[toolsmith] Using the set values advice configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:54:34 GMT 2024