Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Opening a WindowsBuilder window in Sirius(Opening a WindowsBuilder window in Sirius)
Opening a WindowsBuilder window in Sirius [message #1746117] Sat, 22 October 2016 09:48 Go to next message
Omid Br is currently offline Omid BrFriend
Hello guys,
please look at my picture. If you rightclick on an element in sirius, this options will be shown. I want to make an additional option, called "Add Task" and if you click on this option a new with Eclipse WindowBuilder created window will be shown, in which you can add and delete task, which are part of this element in the picture. Can someone give me a tip how i can integrate the window in the EMF/Sirius environment?
Greets, Omid.
  • Attachment: png1.png
    (Size: 6.78KB, Downloaded 123 times)
Re: Opening a WindowsBuilder window in Sirius [message #1746166 is a reply to message #1746117] Mon, 24 October 2016 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Omid,

Could you precise what do you describe with "a new with Eclipse WindowBuilder created window will be shown" ?

Is it an editor defined with Sirius Specification Model ? In this case, if it is a diagram, you might use the Navigation model operation inside a popup menu defined in the specification model, see Tool organization part of the Specifier guide.

If you want to open a non-Sirius Editor, you can complete the menu using the preceding tools and delegates the opening of your editor in a Java service (see writing queries), or you can use the eclipse menus extensions points (org.eclipse.ui.menus or org.eclipse.ui.popupmenus) and code your action.

Regards

Maxime - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2016 12:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Opening a WindowsBuilder window in Sirius [message #1746186 is a reply to message #1746166] Mon, 24 October 2016 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Omid Br is currently offline Omid BrFriend
Thanks for your answer Maxime.
I have taken the popup menu, which can you take in the .odesign file. In this popup menu i want to start an external java action, which opens a new JFrame, in whch you can create new elements of the type "Task" and editing them. But this external java ection does not start. I have created a new extension point and selected the JFrame class as the java action class, the JFrame class itself implements IExternalJavaExtion, in execute() i create a new instance of the JFrame class and canExecute() returns true. Do you have any idea what i could have done false?
Re: Opening a WindowsBuilder window in Sirius [message #1746261 is a reply to message #1746186] Wed, 26 October 2016 08:46 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Omid,

If you use an External Java Action, you need to declare it in the plugin.xml and then to launch a runtime to deploy your modeler in order to be able to use it. You can not do the "live editing" of your modeler with the tools which use the external java action. I would recommand to use a Popup menu and and Operation Action with some calls to Java services instead of this ExternalJavaAction.

Regards

Maxime - Obeo
Previous Topic:Edges of nodes only left / right
Next Topic:[ANN] Sirius 4.1.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:40:12 GMT 2024