Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Why are ANTLR files built in two different packages(Xtext ANTLR files built in two different packages)
Why are ANTLR files built in two different packages [message #1746056] Thu, 20 October 2016 22:01 Go to next message
Larry Cousin is currently offline Larry CousinFriend
I am very novice with Xtext. I have observed, however, that when I "Generate Xtext Artifacts" for my <DSL>.xtext file that what appears to be the same ANTLR files are built in <DSL path>.src-gen.<DSL path>.parser.antlr.internal (and ...parser.antlr.lexer [because I am bactracking the lexer]). These same files are also in <DSL path>.ide.src-gen.<DSL path>.ide.contentassist.antlr.internal (and ... ide.contentassist.antlr.lexer).

Given the name "contentassist" in the path, I'm sure this has samething to do with that. Can someone tell me why these ANTLR files are duplicated and what "contentassist" is?

Thanks!
Re: Why are ANTLR files built in two different packages [message #1746061 is a reply to message #1746056] Fri, 21 October 2016 03:13 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
The content assist parser calculates possible follow up elements to be able to give content assist
The runtime parser calculates a ast

They do different things => two parsers

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Code Completion In A Standalone Project?
Next Topic:Implicit type conversion for Xbase
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:07:59 GMT 2024