Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Name Mapping Error
Name Mapping Error [message #1746005] Thu, 20 October 2016 10:54 Go to next message
Pablo Gallardo is currently offline Pablo GallardoFriend
Hello everyone.

I am having a problem with the "object Mapping". By assigning a name to a component and asignarl this component to a tool (for example a "click") when flip on the program to run my test, the name assigned to the component no longer recognizes and indicates that he has another first name. Reallocate the component to another name, run the test properly, but the next time again not be right and I indicated that my component has another name (ie the name I gave him first). In short: that only certain components, the names change and have to be changing their name assigned each time you run the test. Someone tell me why this happens?

Thank you very much
Re: Name Mapping Error [message #1746087 is a reply to message #1746005] Fri, 21 October 2016 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Pablo,

It sounds like the application is rather dynamic - can you post images of the properties view for the technical name for an originally mapped component, then the new technical name?

If you're having problems that components are changing, then one strategy is to name to affected components.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Name Mapping Error [message #1746205 is a reply to message #1746087] Tue, 25 October 2016 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pablo Gallardo is currently offline Pablo GallardoFriend
Alex thank you very much for your answer.

How I can name to affected components?

Pablo
Re: Name Mapping Error [message #1746206 is a reply to message #1746205] Tue, 25 October 2016 09:37 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Pablo,

It depends on what UI toolkit your application uses:
- For Swing: http://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/toolkit/swingAUT/design-for-testability-in-swing.html#naming-components
- For RCP http://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/toolkit/rcpAUT/design-for-testability-in-rcp.html#naming-components-1
- For JavaFX: http://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/toolkit/javaFX/design-for-testability-in-javafx.html#naming-components-2

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Select relative path in Tree - SERIOUS BUG
Next Topic:Closing a Frame
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:47:29 GMT 2024