Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to enable a custom catalogue by default?(My custom catalogues in my custom index are hidden for users that have Oomphed before.)
How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745775] Mon, 17 October 2016 12:53 Go to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi,

I am working on a custom installer for Papyrus-RT product distributions. This includes a custom (narrow-focused) index with one or more product catalogues containing different Papyrus-RT product configurations. This is working well, except in the case where a user has previously used another Oomph-based installer (usually the Eclipse Installer), and so has already a record in the .eclipse/ metadata of the selected product catalogues. Because, of course, the Papyrus-RT catalogue is not one of these previously selected catalogues, when my custom installer is launched for the first time, that catalogue is not selected and the user is faced with no products available to install.

Is there some way that I can tell Oomph that my catalogue should be selected by default in my custom installer? I am actually packaging a custom build of the installer RCP, so a solution that relies on system properties or something else in the INI file will work for me.

Thanks,

Christian
Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745787 is a reply to message #1745775] Mon, 17 October 2016 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Christian,

I'm made many changes in the last few weeks to support custom indices better. One such change is that the Index now has a name, and that name is used in org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.util.CatalogManager.indexLoaded(Index) to determine which catalogs.setup to use. So each index can have its own catalogs.setup for which of the catalogs for that index are selected. Note also that the installer also support switching between indices and you can drag and drop an index onto the installer...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745791 is a reply to message #1745787] Mon, 17 October 2016 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Ed,

That is great! This also solves the problem of an installer's custom index wiping out selections that aren't relevant to it so that some other installer then loses those selections.

I see also that when there is no selection, then all of the catalogues in the index are enabled by default, so this means that if I give my index an unique name, then the first run of my installer will find no catalogs setup and so will not have a selection, and it will be initialized with all of the product catalogs in my index.

Thanks!

Christian
Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745869 is a reply to message #1745787] Tue, 18 October 2016 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konrad Windszus is currently offline Konrad WindszusFriend
I am still wondering with which command line parameter the Eclipse Installer in the new version can be forced to show a specific catalog. Is that already supported as a start option?
Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745897 is a reply to message #1745869] Wed, 19 October 2016 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's not answered by the wiki?

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring#Hosting_your_own_index_.2F_catalogs

Ed Merks
Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745901 is a reply to message #1745897] Wed, 19 October 2016 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, at least I don't see it there. I am talking about automatically enabling a certain (redirected) product/project index in the advanced mode. Initially only the default catalogs "Eclipse", "Eclipse.org Applications" and "User Products" is enabled. The user explicitly needs to set the checkbox for the new redirected product index. The same for projects.
It explicitly states there
Quote:
The first time, you may have to enable your new catalog by selecting it in the folders icon of the drop-down in the upper right hand corner of the wizard's Projects page, otherwise it will be invisible.

That steps I want to prevent.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2016 06:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745906 is a reply to message #1745901] Wed, 19 October 2016 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Given you jumped onto this thread about a custom index, it wasn't clear whether you have a custom index or are just using redirections to add your own product/project catalogs. I suppose the later, in which case, no, there is currently there is no command line way to enable a catalog's visibility.

Ed Merks
Re: How to enable a custom catalogue by default? [message #1745928 is a reply to message #1745906] Wed, 19 October 2016 12:43 Go to previous message
Thanks for the clarification. Created https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=506206 for that feature.
Previous Topic:control some initial view settings
Next Topic:Disable dedicated update sites after installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:06:38 GMT 2024