Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Relative URIs for redirected catalogs
Relative URIs for redirected catalogs [message #1745751] Mon, 17 October 2016 08:08 Go to next message
Konrad Windszus is currently offline Konrad WindszusFriend
I use the redirectable catalogs as described in https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring#Hosting_your_own_index_.2F_catalogs.
It explicitly states there
Quote:
project setups should be referenced using absolute URIs only, otherwise redirection will become very messy.

Since I don't know the final URI yet where the project/product index is gonna be deployed it would be very handy to somehow refer to the base URL of the redirected catalog, whenever I want to split up the project index even more. Is there some URI prefix registered for that redirected base URI? I think whenever I use relative URIs they always refer to the global base URI (i.e.

Otherwise moving to a new URI would mean that I would have to change the catalogs and also all project setups since they reference also dedicated setup tasks (shared among multiple projects).
Is there maybe even the concept of constants I can use here? In the best case only the Eclipse installer is parameterized with the redirected base url (through
-Doomph.redirection.myCatalog=index:/redirectable.products.setup-><base-url of redirected index>
and then within the index I can somehow refer to this <base-url of redirected index>.
Is that somehow possible already? If not would you think this is a reasonable extension?
Re: Relative URIs for redirected catalogs [message #1745772 is a reply to message #1745751] Mon, 17 October 2016 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've updated the wiki documentation with a bit more detail. Specifically, if the relative references are downward pointing to a unique folder, i.e., not using .. to traverse to a parent folder and using a unique folder name, e.g., <my-projects-folder>, then -Doomph.redirection.myCatalog=index:/<my-projects-folder>/-><folder-of-projects>/ should do the trick. I.e., you essentially define a logical URI index:/<my-projects-folder>/ where they are located, and redirect it to a physical URI when you've decided where they should be physically location. Any logical hierarchical URI could serve that purpose, e.g., my-projects:/, as long as you specify a redirection to a physical URI so that EMF/Oomph can actually read it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Relative URIs for redirected catalogs [message #1745832 is a reply to message #1745772] Tue, 18 October 2016 07:31 Go to previous message
Konrad Windszus is currently offline Konrad WindszusFriend
Great, thanks a lot for that information. That should indeed do the trick.
Previous Topic:Managing RCP app preferences via Oomph?
Next Topic:Error "The feature 'eIDAttribute' is not a valid feature" when clicking on Help->Perfor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:24:45 GMT 2024