Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How do I use third party library in my RCP project?
How do I use third party library in my RCP project? [message #1745525] Wed, 12 October 2016 06:16
Fred Wang is currently offline Fred WangFriend
I'm working on a RCP project. Now the problem I have is that it is hard and complex to integrate third party libraries into RCP project. For a normal Java project nowadays, people usually use Maven or Gradle to manage dependencies, however to a RCP project, the third party library integrated into it has to be an OSGi bundle. First I found there is a Tycho plugin for Maven, but seems it is only in charge of the building part. Also I found there is a project on GitHub called p2-maven-plugin, which seems to be helpful when we need bundles converted from library jars. I tried converting the Spring framework into bundles and importing them into the RCP project, however there are some errors blocking me from compiling the code. Maybe I missed something there, but the point I want make is that it is hard to use third party libraries in RCP project. So I want to ask what's the right way to use third party libraries in a RCP project? I'd prefer to use Maven central repository. Thanks Smile
Previous Topic:Challanges Implementing MVP
Next Topic:Property of RCP product disappears
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:28:20 GMT 2024