Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Is there a way to force Accessibility to re-read the active page?(Crossposting from Eclipse Platform forum, not sure where it belings)
Is there a way to force Accessibility to re-read the active page? [message #1745503] Tue, 11 October 2016 17:26 Go to next message
Daniel FitzGerald is currently offline Daniel FitzGeraldFriend
I'm crossposting this from the Eclipse Platform forum, as I am unsure where it would best belong. You can view the original thread here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1081844/

I'm working on the development of an Eclipse platform plug-in that can also be built as a stand-alone RCP application. The first time the end user opens up the stand-alone application, code called by com.ibm.ppedev.license.Startup.earlyStartup() will launch a "License Agreement" dialog using a call to workbench.getDisplay().asyncExec(new Runnable(...)).

The problem is that there appears to be a race condition between the "Welcome Screen" and the License Agreement window, where the Welcome Screen takes the screen reader's focus briefly but is immediately ceded over to the License Agreement dialog before any text could be read. When the License Agreement dialog is later closed, the screen reader will not attempt to read the Welcome Screen. Presumably as far as its concerned, it has already done so.

What I'm looking to do is to find some way to trigger an event that will cause the accessible code to re-read the Welcome Page. Does anybody know if there is some way to do this?
Re: Is there a way to force Accessibility to re-read the active page? [message #1753835 is a reply to message #1745503] Fri, 10 February 2017 14:30 Go to previous message
Daniel FitzGerald is currently offline Daniel FitzGeraldFriend
I'm bumping this. This is still an issue that I need to fix. Does anybody on this forum have an idea on how I could go about resolving it?
Previous Topic:Bugzilla user experience, missing features ?
Next Topic:Disable "cp=" parameter in URLs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:01:54 GMT 2024