Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt viewer on a Standalone java application whitout server
Birt viewer on a Standalone java application whitout server [message #1745365] Sat, 08 October 2016 11:43 Go to next message
Desarrollo Eclipse is currently offline Desarrollo EclipseFriend
Hi guys.

Sorry for my english.

I'm new in Eclipse and Birt

I've been doing some tests with neon Eclipse Birt (4.6.0). Reports with parameters and without them, graphics, etc, etc. When i launch reports inside de Eclipse Birt RD environment, everything works great.

Now i need to make an independent java applications (runable jar file that works from Windows, Mac or Linux) than call the previously generated report in Eclipse (eg "c:/temp/informe.rptdesing") and preview the report in the "report viewer" with export options (like from the eclipse environment) and can decide whether to print or not.

Everything I've been seeing are examples using web development and have installed tomcat server.
Do not you can use ReportViewer from separate programs without network environments jar?

I only need make the report and call them from a java standalone jar file.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Birt viewer on a Standalone java application whitout server [message #1745695 is a reply to message #1745365] Fri, 14 October 2016 15:45 Go to previous message
Desarrollo Eclipse is currently offline Desarrollo EclipseFriend
Hi.

Nobody knows some sample...

I need to use Birt Viewer from a java application without any web server installed.

My reports directly connect to a database engine through a jdbc connection and want to display them on screen with the options offered by Birt viewer.

I've been testing other similar report designer (Pentaho, Jaspersoft) and can be done without problems, but I really like the connectivity and flexibility offered to my database for Birt.
But I can´t find any example of java code to launch birt viewer without having a web server installation.

If anyone knows a java code example for use as i need I am grateful.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:String based parameters in ODA OCL
Next Topic:Use XML datasource values to change Master page properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:52:23 GMT 2024