Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Export JAR file with plug-in dependency
Export JAR file with plug-in dependency [message #1745355] Fri, 07 October 2016 21:58
Chung-Ling Lin is currently offline Chung-Ling LinFriend
Hi,

I have a general question about the dependency of the plug-ins of the exported JAR file.

For example, I have a java plug-in (e.g. project A) which requires some required plug-ins (e.g. org.eclipse.emf.ecore, org.eclipse.m2m.atl, etc.) to be specified in the MANIFEST.MF of my project A. And I would like to export project A to a JAR file (e.g. A.jar) so other developers can use my project.

But after I create another Java project B and import my A.jar, I found that I have run time error when using the classes and method in project A if I didn't include all required plug-ins described above ( (e.g. org.eclipse.emf.ecore, org.eclipse.m2m.atl, etc.) in the MANIFEST.MF of project B.

I would like know is it possible to export a JAR file with all required plug-ins specify in the exported JAR file so the users can import my JAR file and use it directly without requiring them manually add all of the required plug-ins in their own projects.

Thank you very much for you help.

Best Regards,
Chung-Ling Lin

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2016 22:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to create a model fragment in Eclipse?
Next Topic:Can not add plugin to the update site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:28:18 GMT 2024