Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Outline with navigation tree with unknown depth(Navigation tree contents)
Outline with navigation tree with unknown depth [message #1745227] Thu, 06 October 2016 16:33 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
In the Navigation tree of an outine you can add your navigation structure. Now I want to have a tree that only has a hardcoded top level that are the departments in a company.
Every department can have (sub) departments and every (sub) department can have (sub) departments and so on. So this is a tree structure. There is no predefined structure but only a pre-defined top-level and then a structure with an unknown depth.

Can I do this (in Scout Neon) and if yes how.

Regards Bertin
Re: Outline with navigation tree with unknown depth [message #1745249 is a reply to message #1745227] Thu, 06 October 2016 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel   is currently offline Samuel Friend
Yes, you can do it. You could e.g. create a CompanyTablePage with a member variable m_parentCompany, that holds the parent company. In the method "createChildPages" of that page, you would return a CompanyNodePage, that returns again the above CompanyTablePage in ist method "createChildPage".

The CompanyTablePage of the first Level would hold no parent company. The CompanyTablePage of the subsequent levels would hold the company selected in the above CompanyTablePage as the parent company.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2016 21:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Outline with navigation tree with unknown depth [message #1745438 is a reply to message #1745249] Mon, 10 October 2016 16:58 Go to previous message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Thanks, it worked.

I did not need the additional level of the CompanyNodePage in the navigation structure so I left out the CompanyNodePage and directly added the CompanyTablePage. That gives me a nice hierarchical structure.
Previous Topic:How to configure LdapLoginModule for use with Jetty
Next Topic:[neon] Login page fails to show for french
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:12:28 GMT 2024