Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » creating a chain of transformation without intermediate file serialization
creating a chain of transformation without intermediate file serialization [message #1745217] Thu, 06 October 2016 15:34 Go to next message
Ahmed AHMED is currently offline Ahmed AHMEDFriend
Hi,

I have a chain of transformation Ma - Mb - Mc _ ... -Mf
For instance, i use the ATL generated code to create an application that chain all the trasformations. However, in each transformation i need to serialize the transformation result.
It is possbile to perform this chain of transformation withouti intermediate serialization of the file, for example, by passing objects and just serialize the last result Mf.
I think it is possible using ant launch but i want to do it using java code.

Looking forward for your help.

Regards,

Ahmed
Re: creating a chain of transformation without intermediate file serialization [message #1745468 is a reply to message #1745217] Tue, 11 October 2016 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Yes, it's possible. Which version of ATL and which VM are you using?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: creating a chain of transformation without intermediate file serialization [message #1745616 is a reply to message #1745468] Thu, 13 October 2016 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dennis for your reply.

I am using EMFspecific VM and ATL version 3.6.0.v201505180909
Looking forward to your reply.

regards,
Re: creating a chain of transformation without intermediate file serialization [message #1745726 is a reply to message #1745616] Sun, 16 October 2016 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Then you can use the ATL core API: an IModel that was used as a transformation's output can be added to another transformation's input without saving to disk first.
https://github.com/101companies/101repo/blob/master/contributions/atl/src/atl/RunTransfoJava.java provides an example, where companyModel is used in two transformations. The same could be done with an output model, which can be used as an input model in another transformation.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: creating a chain of transformation without intermediate file serialization [message #1746063 is a reply to message #1745726] Fri, 21 October 2016 09:04 Go to previous message
It is very helpful
Thanks Dennis
Previous Topic:Transforming from BPMN2 using the ATLauncher
Next Topic:creating multiple targets in HOT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:25:33 GMT 2024