Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Add image to block(Method to replace block view with a picture of the real life object)
Add image to block [message #1745146] Wed, 05 October 2016 17:05 Go to next message
Jamie Wardlaw is currently offline Jamie WardlawFriend
Hello,

For some top level domain block diagrams I would like to substitute the block with an image of the real life object e.g. a valve, wheel, motor etc. I have seen some detail on changing block icons online for the UML Papyrus elements but cannot find similar for SysML. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if you can show a full image on the block as opposed to just an icon?

Thanks

Jamie
Re: Add image to block [message #1745189 is a reply to message #1745146] Thu, 06 October 2016 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently online Carsten PitzFriend
Hello Jamie,
my personally preferred way to achieve this, is to apply a stereotype with a custom icon defined.
I prefer this way because the semantic is not only shown in a diagram but also defined in the model.
Best regards
Carsten

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2016 08:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add image to block [message #1745251 is a reply to message #1745189] Thu, 06 October 2016 23:46 Go to previous message
Jamie Wardlaw is currently offline Jamie WardlawFriend
Thank you for the reply, I will try the stereotype method. i've just had success with the method described here

https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/Papyrus/UserGuide/Symbols

But I will also try the custom stereotype approach.

Note for others who may have trouble with the paths, I have an images subfolder under my project folder. This path worked for me

platform:/resource/<yourprojectdirectory/images/picture.png

for whatever reason I struggled to get that path correct! and with incorrect paths you get a lot of GUI chaos.
Previous Topic:Live constraints validation
Next Topic:show provide/required interfaces in component diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:25 GMT 2024