Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Viewer - Stuck on Processing...Please Wait.
BIRT Viewer - Stuck on Processing...Please Wait. [message #1745121] Wed, 05 October 2016 12:10 Go to next message
Devpriyo Bhattacharya is currently offline Devpriyo BhattacharyaFriend
Hi Gurus,

I have just now installed BIRT Report Designer 4.6 on my 64-bit Windows 10 laptop, 2.3 GHz, 8 GB RAM.

I have connected to a sql server data base on another machine (16 GB RAM and Windows Server 2012) with sqljdbc4 driver.

I have created one simple dataset with a small query and I am trying to output the data in a crosstab.

Initially, I got a GC Overhead Limit Exceeded error. But then I increased the following values in BIRT.ini file:
-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

I then restarted BIRT.exe and ran the report and it went on for 15+ minutes and I had to close the window.

Any suggestions/advice on the performance front?

Best Regards.
Re: BIRT Viewer - Stuck on Processing...Please Wait. [message #1745176 is a reply to message #1745121] Thu, 06 October 2016 03:17 Go to previous message
Devpriyo Bhattacharya is currently offline Devpriyo BhattacharyaFriend
Hi,

I have tried Generate Document and what is happening is that the document file size gets stuck on 75 Kb. Its not increasing anymore. The Chrome browser says Processing..Please Wait...

Report is very small. Its just returning 10 rows and 4 columns. When I preview result in Dataset editor, it comes within 1 second. But when I click on Run..it gets stuck...

Network Issue ? Memory Issue ? Something else ? not sure what exactly is happening !

Best Regards
Previous Topic:How to show same activity in the same row(line) in Gantt Chart?
Next Topic:BIRT One Scripted Dataset, overloaded fetch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:30:57 GMT 2024