Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamic PDF output name
Dynamic PDF output name [message #1745059] Tue, 04 October 2016 16:37
Manuel Schlieter is currently offline Manuel SchlieterFriend
Hello together,

I am pretty tilted right now since I can't get things to work.

I'm using the Eclipse Birt Designer for my reports, and i'm trying to make use of the IFilenameGenerator interface, but eclipse refuses to use it.
I set the "BIRT_FILENAME_GENERATOR_CLASS" parameter in every.xml file i have found in the directory "eclipseBirtDesigner\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.5.0.v201506092134\birt\WEB-INF".

I implemented the class, exported it as a jar. I went to "Preferences>Report Design>Classpath" and added the jar-File.
When i run the report in the browser and export to PDF -> it's the Reportnname. Running directly "as PDF" has the same result. No errors, nothing in the logfile. No console output.

Things that work:
Using the exact same jar on an actual tomcat with birtviewer service. Added the lib, changed the web.xml, works like a charm. But that's no development environment so it's no solution.

Things that dont't work:
Running reports from Eclipse Birt Designer with custom FilenameGenerator.

Things i need to know:
Is it possible and how to add ReportParameters into the custom FilenameGenerator? I think the options parameter could come in handy. Can I achive this from scripting to some event? As report parameter i ask for a date, and this date should appear in the filename.

I at least tried to following script in afterRender-Event:
reportContext.getRenderOption().outputFileName = "foo.bar";

Nothing. I also found the PDFRenderOptions, at least it has an outputFileName property. But I have no idea how to instantiate it or add it to the reportContext.

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance and best regards!

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2016 07:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:java.lang.ClassCastException
Next Topic:Custom Java cannot be accessed from Dataset queries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:17:51 GMT 2024