Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » ThingImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Bridge
ThingImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Bridge [message #1744978] Mon, 03 October 2016 17:40 Go to next message
Tim Roberts is currently offline Tim RobertsFriend
Take a look at the discussion on the russound rio binding : Russound RIO

The unique thing about this binding is that I have a bridge of bridges and all of it runs fine from the development environment. Only when I put it on the OpenHab2 B4 runtime that I see this happening.

You'll see from that forum discussion that I'm getting a ThingImpl when I expect a Bridge instead. I've double check my thing-types.xml and the thing is defined as a bridge-type. Likewise I've done the suggestion from Hue issue and that didn't help (and in fact, when I did that - I even got stranger results - the top level bridge is stuck in initializing and the first child bridge is left in UNINITIALIZED Handler_Configuration_Pending status).

My thinking is that since it's running fine from my development IDE - maybe I have some upstream fix that isn't included in B4?
Re: ThingImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Bridge [message #1745117 is a reply to message #1744978] Wed, 05 October 2016 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
> maybe I have some upstream fix that isn't included in B4?

It definitely would be good if you could check if the same still occurs on the latest nightly snapshot of OH2 (which includes a current ESH stable).
If the problem is there as well, please report an issue at https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues.
Re: ThingImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Bridge [message #1745210 is a reply to message #1745117] Thu, 06 October 2016 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will do once the AudioSource issue has been resolved (can't start the nightly build because of that)
Re: ThingImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Bridge [message #1745344 is a reply to message #1745210] Fri, 07 October 2016 14:56 Go to previous message
BTW - appears the nightly build does fix this issue.
Previous Topic:Duplicate channels on Thing
Next Topic: Extra information in config XML files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:20:48 GMT 2024