Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Local path generated by pkg-config package not found by Eclipse
Local path generated by pkg-config package not found by Eclipse [message #1744907] Sun, 02 October 2016 10:06 Go to next message
Alessio Buzz is currently offline Alessio BuzzFriend
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to develop my first app with gtk-3 tool through Eclipse Neon 1.0
Searching on the Internet, I found it was rather to use the pkg-config tool in order to link and include all the library needed by GTK+.
Installed the package and installed GTK-3 through cygwin, pkg-config is able to find the include path into the directory

/usr/include/....

The gtk-3 libraries are located in C:\cygwin64\usr\incluse\.... indeed.
However, once included, Eclipse isn't able to find the libraries:

Invalid project path: Include path not found (\usr\include\at-spi-2.0)
    Invalid project path: Include path not found (\usr\include\at-spi2-atk\2.0)
    Invalid project path: Include path not found (\usr\include\atk-1.0)
    Invalid project path: Include path not found (\usr\include\cairo)
    [and so on...]

I look into the Environment option under Project Properties->C/C++ Build and the variable CYGWIN_HOME that points to C:\cygwin64\

I'm sorry for being inexperienced with such environment, I hope you can help me.
Thanks a lot in advance.

AB
Re: Local path generated by pkg-config package not found by Eclipse [message #1744999 is a reply to message #1744907] Tue, 04 October 2016 01:55 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
What you are asking requires a long, complicated answer.
This is a couple of years old but might help you: http://irkedrants.blogspot.com.es/2011/02/configuring-eclipse-to-compile-gtk.html

Just because you have GTK installed and can use pkg-config doesn't mean Eclipse will know you want to use it.
You have to tell Eclipse.

And Eclipse needs to know two things:
1) how to configure the compile and link commands when creating the makefile.
2) let the indexer know where the header files are

Suggest you read the the help documentation.
for configuring the compiler and linker:
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fcdt_u_prop_build_settings_tool.htm

For informing the indexer:
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fcdt_u_prop_general_sd_entries.htm
When you add a file in the User Entries. you can browse for the file. If you do that, using the File System Path option in the upper left drop down in the Add dialog then you will get the proper form for the needed entries.

You said: The gtk-3 libraries are located in C:\cygwin64\usr\inclu[d]e\....
I would think the libraries are elsewhere and that \usr\include would contain the header files.
You have much to learn if you don't understand the difference and this isn't the place to instruct you.

Also, you haven't given any specifics of how you came about these errors:
- Where did you find them?
- is Eclipse being run as a cygwin executable or Windows?
- how is it launched
- where exactly is \usr\include? Apparently, on the C drive under C:\cygwin64\usr\include. How you get to it from Eclipse depends on whether Eclipse is running as a Windows or cygwin executable. Not to mention the difference in path specification: https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#pathnames-win32
- There is a cygwin tool chain. Are you using it?
- etc.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2016 03:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:CDT Mars - Make target warning - Invalid Project Path
Next Topic:Eclipse Won't Start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:00:06 GMT 2024