Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Opening Error(I get an error every time I try to open eclipse)
icon1.gif  Eclipse Opening Error [message #1744883] Sat, 01 October 2016 10:42 Go to next message
Sarah Elizabeth is currently offline Sarah ElizabethFriend
I downloaded two JDKs and I downloaded two separate versions of Eclipse, but every time I try to run either version of the application, I get this error message:

index.php/fa/27271/0/

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm in college studying computer science so I need to have Eclipse up and running as soon as possible in order to complete assignments.

Thanks!
Re: Eclipse Opening Error [message #1744899 is a reply to message #1744883] Sun, 02 October 2016 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Did you use the Eclipse Installer to create this installation? It generally knows the right -vm option to add. Did you add this one yourself manually? It sounds a bit like this problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25614637/eclipse-jvm-terminated-exit-code-2

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse Opening Error [message #1744901 is a reply to message #1744899] Sun, 02 October 2016 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I can guess what -XX:UseStringDeduplication is supposed to do, but I'd give good odds on it not being a supported option, and why the VM keeps exiting abnormally.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse Opening Error [message #1744904 is a reply to message #1744901] Sun, 02 October 2016 07:13 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Nitin, note that if these are bad options, the latest Eclipse's itself always has those, e.g., these appear in the downloaded Neon.1 packages:

-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication

Also, even the Eclipse Installer produces those, though not explicitly but rather (I assume) via the touch point instructions in the artifact metadata.

So if that's really a problem, it seems questionable they should always be included because the appear to be specific to the Sun JVM. But I assume all JVMs support -XX options and should generally ignore unrecognized options.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Library path changes after build
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon not loading on macOS Sierra after a clean install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:49:01 GMT 2024