Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [ECP] New project provider
[ECP] New project provider [message #1744786] Fri, 30 September 2016 08:52 Go to next message
Marco Sgura is currently offline Marco SguraFriend
Hi,

I'm a new ECP utilizer and I tried to create custom Project Provider into an ECP solution exported. I created two plug-in projects: SqlProvider and SqlUIProvider. The first extends "org.eclipse.emf.ecp.core.providers", the second "org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.uiProviders". Both have ID: "SqlProvider" and Name: "SQL Provider" (SqlUIProvider has correct provider inserted in the extension tab). The class "SqlProvider" extends DefaultProvider, instead "SqlUIProvider" extends "DefaultUIProvider". Constructors are:

public SqlProvider() 
	{

super("SqlProvider.SqlProvider");
	}

and

public SqlUIProvider() 
	{
		super("SqlProvider.SqlProvider");
	}

I thought that it was enough to see a new entry into providers menu and they are effectively added to the providers list (I saw that with debugger), but into UI it doesn't appear any new entry, even adding code taken from workspace provider plugin.

Thank you all.
Marco
Re: [ECP] New project provider [message #1744828 is a reply to message #1744786] Fri, 30 September 2016 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Marco,
you probably didn't override this method in your provider class:
@Override
public boolean hasCreateProjectWithoutRepositorySupport() {
return true;
}
if this returns false you cannot create a "local" project, you will always need a repository then, by return true you will create a project without an attached repository.
If you still have problems, I can share a dummy project which provides a dummy provider and ui provider.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [ECP] New project provider [message #1744887 is a reply to message #1744828] Sat, 01 October 2016 13:19 Go to previous message
Marco Sgura is currently offline Marco SguraFriend
Hi Eugen,

You were right, now everything works.

Thank you
Marco
Previous Topic:Collect proxies from Resource
Next Topic:[EMFSTore] backup of EMFStore with server running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:47:20 GMT 2024