Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse 3.X to 4.X (Deprecated IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer Functions)(Need code replacement for deprecated IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer functions)
Eclipse 3.X to 4.X (Deprecated IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer Functions) [message #1744685] Thu, 29 September 2016 13:39
Tim Murphy is currently offline Tim MurphyFriend
Hey guys thanks for any help ahead of time.
My project works on 3.x but to try and stay ahead of the curve we wanted to get on 4.x before we fell behind too far.
We used: createMenuBar(), createCoolBarControl(), createPageComposite(), and createStatusLineControl() but they became deprecated in 4.x. The main worry is createPageComposite() created a place where we had a banner across the top and bottom of the project (project requirement) but now no longer functions. We have tried new Composite but end up with two components one of the old IFolderLayouts and one of the two banners taking up the bottom half of the screen. Example here: [stackoverflow.com/questions/39734707/java-eclipse-e3-to-e4-how-do-i-draw-the-folders-i-have-created-in-an-e3-applica] (can't link since first post) I know IFolderLayout is 3.x and eventually will need to be replaced but for now I just need to replace the depricated functions ASAP. Thanks again guys.
Previous Topic:error in eclipse install new software
Next Topic:Changing persisted perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:46:12 GMT 2024