Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Lock file in use(Unable to delete .lock file in .metadata)
Lock file in use [message #1744438] Tue, 27 September 2016 02:26 Go to next message
Andrew Stearns is currently offline Andrew StearnsFriend
I have encountered a problem where when I start Eclipse, I receive a message saying that the workspace is either in use or unable to be created. I looked at this online and found out to delete the .lock file in the .metadata folder. However, even with all applications closed, I am unable to do so because it is being used by another process. What is the easiest way to delete it?

P.S. My workspace is on a network drive
Re: Lock file in use [message #1744509 is a reply to message #1744438] Tue, 27 September 2016 14:34 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
If you're hitting a network lock, you're going to encounter problems deleting it too. If sounds like someone else is using the same workspace, which generally isn't a good idea (and hence the locks!).

Why is your workspace on a network folder? You can create a local workspace and then import your projects from a network folder.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Eclipse for solaris 64bit (4.5+ mars)sparc
Next Topic:Kepler: Can not exit after -clean
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:57:31 GMT 2024