Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » [Solved] Strange things in p2task collected repositories
[Solved] Strange things in p2task collected repositories [message #1744417] Mon, 26 September 2016 17:11 Go to next message
Steffen Holzer is currently offline Steffen HolzerFriend

Hello @all,

During testing my setups I stumbled over a strange problem. I made several SetupTask extension for file system manipulation. The updatesite changed during development from themetalone.github.io/.. to maybeec.github.io/....

When running the eclipse installer it collects the update sites of the used tasks and adds them to the p2 repositories. And here comes the strange thing: On a fresh and clean eclipse installer the SetupTask extension are downloaded from the correct p2 repos. But during installation the p2Task collects from 2 of the 3 tasks the old repo location (which leads to an error during installation since those repos don't exist anymore).

I searched the update site, the SetupTask extensions and the plugin and feature jar files but I cannot find any mention of the old repo besides in comments of the auto generated contents.

So my question would be: where does the p2Task look for the repos to add?

Thanks in advance Smile

PS: the tasks in question are
https://github.com/maybeec/oomph-task-fsmove
https://github.com/maybeec/oomph-task-fsrename

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live" - John Woods

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2016 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange things in p2task collected repositories [message #1744463 is a reply to message #1744417] Tue, 27 September 2016 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Do your tasks get installed into the installer (so they can perform at bootstrap time) or do they only perform in the running installation that's produced? Is it possible that your user.setup might have variables or p2 tasks that use the old site and that these are contributing to what the installer does?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Strange things in p2task collected repositories [message #1744468 is a reply to message #1744463] Tue, 27 September 2016 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you for your response Smile

They get installed into the installer and the repos they get installed from are correct. I also checked the used setup and removed all cached data from the installer.

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live" - John Woods
Re: Strange things in p2task collected repositories [message #1744481 is a reply to message #1744468] Tue, 27 September 2016 11:41 Go to previous message

Found it.

The classes

• XyTask.java
  • xyPackageImpl.java
  • xyPackage

mentioned the old repo in their source code. Haven't looked there but assumed the repo location is found in the xml files of the plugin

Thanks nevertheless Smile

Previous Topic:Plugins repair is not available
Next Topic:Refresh resource after copy resource task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:47:03 GMT 2024