Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » (Windows) How to launch the Oomph Installer?
icon5.gif  (Windows) How to launch the Oomph Installer? [message #1744248] Fri, 23 September 2016 15:08 Go to next message
Charles Gould is currently offline Charles GouldFriend
I know Oomph is installed because it shows up in Window > Preferences.

Every help document, tutorial, etc. that I've seen assumes the Oomph Installer is already open.

It's not in my Start menu. How do I launch it?
Re: (Windows) How to launch the Oomph Installer? [message #1744250 is a reply to message #1744248] Fri, 23 September 2016 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
The installer is a separate executable. Typically, you would download it from https://eclipse.org/downloads/ (get Eclipse Neon) and then start it.

What you see in your running Eclipse is the Oomph plugin, which allows you to import further projects via Oomph setup files (File->Import->Oomph->Project into Workspace), manage preference recording, create your own project setups, etc. Note that the plugin has (had) a bug which may cause Eclipse to freeze when starting the Oomph import project wizard. I don't know whether it has been fixed in the meantime. This bug does not affect the standalone installer.

Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext@itemis.de
Re: (Windows) How to launch the Oomph Installer? [message #1744253 is a reply to message #1744250] Fri, 23 September 2016 15:43 Go to previous message
Charles Gould is currently offline Charles GouldFriend
Quote:
What you see in your running Eclipse is the Oomph plugin, which allows you to import further projects via Oomph setup files (File->Import->Oomph->Project into Workspace)

Thank you!

Previously, I must have deleted the Eclipse Installer after using it. (The Oomph plugin confused me into thinking it still existed on my system.)

Just now, I downloaded the Eclipse Installer and followed the steps to save it to a permanent location and add it to the Start menu.
Previous Topic:Why org.eclipse.osgi is about 30Mb in configuration directory ?
Next Topic:Plugins repair is not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:25:42 GMT 2024