Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Conflicts between identical handlers in Eclipse RCP
Conflicts between identical handlers in Eclipse RCP [message #1744073] Thu, 22 September 2016 08:15 Go to next message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
I am developing an Eclipse RCP application, and have recently started to see a very large number of console error messages regarding conflicting handlers, such as the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:41.828
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.undo: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.UndoActionHandler@7df5358)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.UndoActionHandler@7df5358)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.undo: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.UndoActionHandler@7df5358)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.UndoActionHandler@7df5358)} null

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:42.625
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.redo: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.RedoActionHandler@62ccbd95)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.RedoActionHandler@62ccbd95)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.redo: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.RedoActionHandler@62ccbd95)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.operations.RedoActionHandler@62ccbd95)} null

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:43.100
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.open.editor: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.open.editor: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)} null

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:43.581
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.open.editor: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.open.editor: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction@135ddb56)} null

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:43.595
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.move: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.move: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)} null

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:44.015
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.move: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.move: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.MoveResourceAction@6859bbd4)} null

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2016-09-22 08:57:44.026
    !MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.rename: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.RenameResourceAction@7d836c4a)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.RenameResourceAction@7d836c4a)}
    Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui code=4 Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.ui.edit.rename: {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.RenameResourceAction@7d836c4a)} vs {ActionHandler(org.eclipse.ui.actions.RenameResourceAction@7d836c4a)} null

Notably, these are all platform-defined handlers and the conflicts appear to happen between each handler and itself, which is puzzling to say the least.

All errors appear when I click on entries in the Project Explorer view in my application. As I click around, the responsiveness of the Project Explorer degrades, up to the point where the context menu is no longer popping up.

My application is running in compatibility mode on version 4.5 of the Eclipse platform.

Another detail, which may or may not be relevant, is that I started seeing these messages after installing the VisualVM Eclipse plugin. I have uninstalled it, but still see the errors.

Thanks in advance!
Vlad
Re: Conflicts between identical handlers in Eclipse RCP [message #1744126 is a reply to message #1744073] Thu, 22 September 2016 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Vlad.

It is a puzzling problem, but I've been unable to reproduce the problem in my testing. But thank you for the insight that it's seen in the Project Explorer. Would you be able to share this application (email me)? I'd love to stomp this bug.

That said, it's a warning, not an error. Your functionality won't be compromised.

Brian.
Re: Conflicts between identical handlers in Eclipse RCP [message #1744232 is a reply to message #1744126] Fri, 23 September 2016 13:46 Go to previous message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi Brian,

Thank you for answering and for offering to help.

Fortunately, I finally found the problem and was able to fix it. One of the new items I added to the Project Explorer context menu relies on a PropertyTester to decide when it should be shown. This tester was very slow (taking a few seconds to execute) due to an implementation bug, which apparently caused the handler resolution problems. Drastically improving the performance of the PropertyTester resulted in these error messages not being shown anymore, and the Project Explorer working normally again.

Cheers,
Vlad
Previous Topic:How to rename project on the disk programatically
Next Topic:How to add workspace launcher to RCP program?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:04:19 GMT 2024