Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problems installing eclipse neon(Problems,eclipse neon,windows 10)
Problems installing eclipse neon [message #1744059] Wed, 21 September 2016 23:26 Go to next message
Ale Q\' is currently offline Ale Q\'Friend
Hi I've been trying to install eclipse neon on my pc which has windows 10-64 bits.

I downloaded the exe file from the oficial page:(https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/oomph/epp/neon/R/eclipse-inst-win64.exe) but it wont run i dont know why.Once i click on the .exe it does nothing,no errors appear.

I have java and jdk v8 .Also I've eclipse mars on my pc and it works perfectly.

Thanks in advance
Re: Problems installing eclipse neon [message #1744227 is a reply to message #1744059] Fri, 23 September 2016 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ale Q\' is currently offline Ale Q\'Friend
Help me please ;(
Re: Problems installing eclipse neon [message #1744293 is a reply to message #1744227] Sat, 24 September 2016 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure what to suggest. We develop on Windows 7 and I'm not aware of general problems with using the installer on Windows 10.

Perhaps you could try a few things. Try to run the executable from the command line; perhaps it will print something informative to the console. Also double check that you have a 64 bit JDK installed, not just a 32 bit one; it should be under C:\Program Files if it's 64 bit and under C:\Program Files (x86) if it's 32 bit.

In the worst case, you can download and unzip a package.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Problems installing eclipse neon [message #1744327 is a reply to message #1744059] Sun, 25 September 2016 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What did you use to download the installer? Does your user login have full ownership over the .exe file?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Problems installing eclipse neon [message #1744329 is a reply to message #1744059] Sun, 25 September 2016 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Pugsley is currently offline Matthew PugsleyFriend
I had the same issue but was able to get Eclipse installed.

Here is my full experience:
Windows 10 64-bit

Downloaded installer eclipse-inst-win64.exe
Ran the installer.
I was warned that the program wasn't recognized. (I don't recall if this was Windows or my anti-virus software, ESET.)
I clicked the button for "Run anyway".
Nothing happened.

I saw in the forums that I needed to download the latest jdk. I downloaded jdk-8u102-windows-x64.exe and installed that.
That went fine.

I then tried to re-run eclipse-inst-win64.exe.
Still nothing.

Rebooted computer and re-ran eclipse-inst-win64.exe.
Still nothing. (i.e. no response, no error message)

Downloaded the installer again. My browser (Chrome) saved the file as "eclipse-inst-win64 (1).exe" since I already had a copy of "eclipse-inst-win64.exe" in my downloads folder.
I ran this file, and the install worked.

I have no idea why re-downloading the file and running it under another name would help, but that was my experience.
Re: Problems installing eclipse neon [message #1744390 is a reply to message #1744329] Mon, 26 September 2016 12:51 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Can you please run the installer from a command line? When it failed please print %ERRORLEVEL% and tell us what it is...

Previous Topic:Fatal Error on Launch (Solaris 11)
Next Topic:Deploying ADF Faces Application in Jetty 9.3.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:27:17 GMT 2024