Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » WaitForComponent does not work(WaitForComponent does not work)
WaitForComponent does not work [message #1743961] Wed, 21 September 2016 07:26 Go to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hello Peoples,

We are using Jubula for 3 and a half years. But i never have seen the action 'WaitForComponent' working.
You specity a timeout, let's say 4000 miliseconds,
and you specify a delay, let's say 200 miliseconds.
But the timeout is never used: the actual wait is only 200 miliseconds (the delay time). the system does not wait for the component as i expect.
So i always have to add a ub_app_wait action. This because of the timeout Action Error which often occurs and should be prevented by the waitForComponent.

Strangely enough, i find nothing about this on this forum.

Do you have an idea about what is going wrong?

I am currently using Jubula 8.2.2.055, but also in older versions i never have seen the waitForComponent working.
Jubula is running on Windows 7 Professional.
I will add a screenshot showing the problem.

Many thanks in advance!!

Jurjen

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2016 07:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1743991 is a reply to message #1743961] Wed, 21 September 2016 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Jurjen,

Can you tell me what toolkit you are working with, and what kind of component you are trying to wait for (fully qualified class name)?

Thanks!
Alex
Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1744000 is a reply to message #1743991] Wed, 21 September 2016 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

In this specific case is the class i am trying to wait for is
com.trimergo.client.util.swingComponent.browse.BrowseTable
this class extends AbstractBrowseTable wich, in turn, extends JTable

im afraid that is the problem then. we dont use any toolkit, i just use Jubula with our Java application.
the components we use are home made components, built upon standard Java components.

so we should create our own Toolkit to solve this problem?

thanks!

Jurjen

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2016 11:52]

Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1744005 is a reply to message #1744000] Wed, 21 September 2016 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jurjen,

Your toolkit is swing Smile (apologies for the confusion, but I got the information from your post). So you don't need to add a toolkit as far as I can see.

Did you add the extension for your own component yourself, or was it automatically recognised by Jubula?

If you try and do wait for component on a completely standard component, does that work then?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1745872 is a reply to message #1744005] Tue, 18 October 2016 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Sorry i didnt see your post yet! We are using swing indeed. And the components are recognised by Jubula by the Object Mapping Mode.

Im afraid we dont have any 'standard components' in our application. But i can try the cheat sheets and see if the wait for component then works.

kind regards
Jurjen
Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1746013 is a reply to message #1745872] Thu, 20 October 2016 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I tried the waitForComponent in the DVDTool sample, but there i also can't get it working. The waitforcomponent only waits for the specified delay. The specified timeout is ignored. I added a screenshot so that you can see what is going on. What am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance!

kind regards
Jurjen

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2016 12:53]

Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1746084 is a reply to message #1746013] Fri, 21 October 2016 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jurjen,

from the image it looks like you are waiting for the text component "length" in the tabbed pane - which is indeed visible. That would explain why the test continues immediately. The test appears to select from the edit menu (to show the waiting dialog), then to wait for this component. Since the component is on screen even when the dialog is present, the test passes.

Does that make sense?

Alex
Re: WaitForComponent does not work [message #1754552 is a reply to message #1746084] Mon, 20 February 2017 07:55 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,

The waitforcomponent works in jubula 8.4! So i am very happy. You have done good work!

kind regards,

Jurjen

[Updated on: Mon, 20 February 2017 07:55]

Previous Topic:New to Jubula
Next Topic:AUT not getting started with swing application in linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:33:14 GMT 2024