Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » How to handle dynamic parameter values using RCPTT ECL commands ?
How to handle dynamic parameter values using RCPTT ECL commands ? [message #1743821] Tue, 20 September 2016 02:37
surin komi is currently offline surin komiFriend
Hi,

I need a mechanism to read parameter values(like type, index, text) from AUT after that i want to store the parameters and pass the same values into script during execution time.

Parameters:
after optional ControlHandler: Indicates the element after which the necessary element is present.
type optional String = "": Indicates the type of a control, if there are any types.
index optional Integer: Indicates the number of control in the list. If an element is first in the list, then this parameter is not present and the default is equal 0.
text optional String = "": Indicates the text\name of this element. This parameter is used by default, so -text word is not written at the recording of the test.

Please check the below script:

with [get-view Properties | get-section "" -index 1] {
get-combo -index 1 | select Date
get-combo -index 4 | select Integer
get-combo -index 7 | select Character
}

Here index values "index..." are dynamic. When i record and re run the same script , test case getting failed due to the dynamic index values.
Is there any method to read parameter values from AUT and pass the same values into script ?
So please suggest me if there any method to handle . Thanks in advance !
Previous Topic:[Solve] RAP Testing tool start
Next Topic:[SOLVED] ECL list removed from http://download.eclipse.org/rcptt/release/1.5.4/doc/ecl/index.html
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:51:55 GMT 2024