Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to escalate a bug
How to escalate a bug [message #1743634] Sat, 17 September 2016 12:11 Go to next message
Frank Benoit is currently offline Frank BenoitFriend
Hi,

There is a missing update of a ORBIT package, that BIRT depends on, and my RCP application depends on BIRT.

Years go by, and this missing update forces me, to stay with my application on target platform from several years ago.
This is a bad situation for me.

What is my best chance to get some attention to this problem?

Frank

fyi, this is about: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=258349

Re: How to escalate a bug [message #1743692 is a reply to message #1743634] Mon, 19 September 2016 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Looking at the history of the bug, it looks like the committers wanting this in Orbit just didn't follow up with doing all the necessary work. Some committer needs to do the work, and it looks like there are none prepared to do so. I'm not sure what to suggest for such a situation, other than getting involved as a committer to do the work...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to escalate a bug [message #1743699 is a reply to message #1743692] Mon, 19 September 2016 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First it might be good to clarify the status of the current "assigned to" person.
Ed, do you know about Anthony? Still active?
And who else might have information about this topic?

Re: How to escalate a bug [message #1743706 is a reply to message #1743699] Mon, 19 September 2016 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Follow up question would be:
Why was batik update only partially. All bundles are there, but only org.apache.batik.pdf is missing.
Was this by accident? Technical issues? Legal issues?
How are those bundles generated, to get all those SHA1-Digests.
Re: How to escalate a bug [message #1743718 is a reply to message #1743706] Mon, 19 September 2016 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's a problem that no one relevant will read this mailing list to answer these specific questions. They're best asked on the Bugzilla, but there's no guarantee anyone will answer there either. Anthony is minimally active and BIRT is not so active anymore either, so I'm a bit doubtful there is any drive to make this happen.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to escalate a bug [message #1743891 is a reply to message #1743718] Tue, 20 September 2016 12:44 Go to previous message
Stephane Bouchet is currently offline Stephane BouchetFriend
Hi,

I'm also impacted by this issue and would like to participate if i can.

i am neither a commiter on orbit or BIRT, but i submit quite often patches...

Stéphane.
Previous Topic:Custom icons in help system
Next Topic:Eclipse for solaris 64bit (4.5+ mars)sparc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:51:03 GMT 2024