Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » What happened to patch fragments?
What happened to patch fragments? [message #1743492] Thu, 15 September 2016 22:57 Go to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
I was planning on creating a patch fragment for the RWT bundle to make some tweaks to rwt-index.html. When it didn't work I had a look at it's manifest and Bundle-Classpath no longer has patch.jar in it.

Is this a planned change or bug? 2.3.2 still has patch.jar in it's classpath.

I'm using RAP 3.1.0
Re: What happened to patch fragments? [message #1743512 is a reply to message #1743492] Fri, 16 September 2016 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
in RAP 3.0 we decided to discontinue the support for patching RWT with a patch fragment. See this Gerrit change:
48311: Remove patch fragment preparation from bundles [I3c48925c]
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/48311/
The main reasoning behind this decision is:
"Since all RAP bundles are usually signed, this concept won't work in
most cases as long as the patch fragment changes single classes in a
package. Furthermore this is considered bad practice in OSGi."
Regards,
Ivan
Re: What happened to patch fragments? [message #1743685 is a reply to message #1743512] Sun, 18 September 2016 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aside from deploying a custom build of the RWT bundle, is there any other way to edit the rwt-index.html ?

I was trying to change the X-UA-Compatible meta tag to remove "5", as RAP 3.1 doesn't support old IE versions anymore and IE Enterprise Mode has been forcing my application to be run in IE8 mode.

IE8 mode encounters Javascript errors and the RWT browser client fails to start.
Re: What happened to patch fragments? [message #1743702 is a reply to message #1743685] Mon, 19 September 2016 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I'm not so sure (didn't test it myself) if you can override already set "meta" tag, but you could try to add additions to the rwt-index.html head section in your application configuration:

public void configure( Application application ) {
Map<String, String> properties = new HashMap<String, String>();
properties.put( WebClient.PAGE_TITLE, "App title" );
properties.put( WebClient.HEAD_HTML, "aditional meta here" );
application.addEntryPoint( "/entry", MyEntry.class, properties );
}

HTH,
Ivan
Re: What happened to patch fragments? [message #1743945 is a reply to message #1743702] Tue, 20 September 2016 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply, but after further investigation, IE Enterprise Mode completely overrides all X-UA-Compatible directives, both meta and http header, so it's all a bit fruitless.

It probably would be a good idea to have IE 5 removed from the meta tag though, since IE < 9 is no longer supported.
Re: What happened to patch fragments? [message #1743971 is a reply to message #1743945] Wed, 21 September 2016 08:29 Go to previous message
Hi Chris,
please file a bugzilla to remind us about your suggestion.
Thanks,
Ivan
Previous Topic:Occasional Invalid Thread Access
Next Topic:RCPTT(RAP test framework) test movie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:32:14 GMT 2024