Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem With Generating a PDF
Problem With Generating a PDF [message #1743479] Thu, 15 September 2016 19:02 Go to next message
Mark Smith is currently offline Mark SmithFriend
Hi everyone. I am brand new to this forum, and brand new to BIRT, so here goes. I have inherited a project that contains many BIRT reports that are run via Report Server. If you execute Report A, a stored procedure is called to write to the audit log table all credentials of the person who ran the report. This is a requirement...they want to log everyone who runs this report. We have another report, Report B, which is a report of the audit log table. The problem is, whenever the person runs Report A, the stored procedure is called and the audit log is written to. If the person then clicks the PDF-Export or tries to Send to Word etc, the stored procedure is called again and the audit log is written to again. I assume when the PDF-Export button is clicked, the report is called again. In a nutshell, if someone tries to export Report A to PDF, a duplicate entry is logged in the Audit table, resulting in duplicate results on Report B. Is there a way around this? Sorry if I am not explaining myself clearly, but I literally saw BIRT for the first time yesterday. Thanks.
Re: Problem With Generating a PDF [message #1743878 is a reply to message #1743479] Tue, 20 September 2016 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
Could you change the stored procedure to ignore input that is the same as the previous input?

Or in the birt initialise script, set a variable to false, and check if it is false and set it to true when calling the stored procedure,
Re: Problem With Generating a PDF [message #1743880 is a reply to message #1743479] Tue, 20 September 2016 10:53 Go to previous message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
Could you change the stored procedure to ignore input that is the same as the previous input?

Or in the birt initialise script, set a variable to false, and check if it is false and set it to true when calling the stored procedure,
Previous Topic:Cascade Parameters Workaround
Next Topic:Finding parameters in BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:52:37 GMT 2024