Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Incorrect Merge by EGIT(Incorrect Merge by EGIT)
Incorrect Merge by EGIT [message #1743455] Thu, 15 September 2016 14:35 Go to next message
Shivam Shukla is currently offline Shivam ShuklaFriend
When I am merging the remote branch into local branch using EGIT, few lines of code are being automatically deleted. The deleted lines are present in the latest commits in both the branches.
However, performing the same operation using terminal (git merge command), the repository correctly goes into conflicting state and the same file is shown to be conflicting.

I am using git version 1.7 and EGIT version 4.2 on Centos 6.7

Is this a known issue or an usage problem?
Re: Incorrect Merge by EGIT [message #1743520 is a reply to message #1743455] Fri, 16 September 2016 07:44 Go to previous message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
There have been bugs like that reported 6 years ago [1]. These specific problems are solved ... but maybe you have detected new ones. Do you have a reproducable setup where you can show this behaviour. Ideal would be something like: in the publicly available git repo xyz if I merge <x> into <y> I don't see conflicts which native git report.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=328841

Ciao
Chris
Previous Topic:List stash apply conflicts in JGit
Next Topic:"Add to index" triggers entire workspace refresh?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:30:47 GMT 2024